Funny noises from steering

Recently my Clio has started making noises at random times when i turn the wheel and the only way i can describe them is by saying they sound like a whale moaning (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-QYRlK7cd8 skip to 1:30). The only thing i have done before this started happening was upgrading the stereo in the car so i have no idea why its doing it, could it be the battery? Please help!

Sounds like the bottom swivel hub bearings. Quite a common fault. Renault will tell you that you need to replace the whole hub assembly which is around £180 but you can purchase the bearings from R-Sport in Wimbledon for around £48 each posted.

I was expecting an actual vid of the hub at 1:30 lol. Not the feckin sound of a whale to describe it lol

Is this a joke...? Before I ban you :wink:
Seriously, i'm not joking! i'm glad i didnt call the thread "my car sounds like a whale" :tongue_smilie:

Sounds like the bottom swivel hub bearings. Quite a common fault. Renault will tell you that you need to replace the whole hub assembly which is around £180 but you can purchase the bearings from R-Sport in Wimbledon for around £48 each posted.

Thats exactly what they said, thanks for your help!

Was actually howling at the post earlier on, got in my car the other night and started doing the exact same noise!!! Karma I guess...