Fuel tank capacity

Big Ben

Loves to rag the VAG!
Paid Member
Price of fuel is horrendous at the minute as I’m sure you’re all aware. Coming home from Donington Sunday evening fuel gauge was nearing red(no light on) so I stopped to refuel. Took a pic as I’ve never spent that much money on fuel for the Clio. Can anyone confirm what size fuel tank the Clio has? Coz I think somethings amiss here!!E1E09675-A72A-427D-86F4-385352E68EEF.jpeg

I was always under the impression they were 60 or 65.
I’ve very nearly managed to get home from the ring on a full tank, which would be impossible with a 55 litre tank.

Reactions: Big Ben
I always thought they were 60litres too.
But after owning a 740iL with a long range tank fitted, 92litres....I just fill up and cry about it afterwards :tearsofjoy: as nothing will too that (it also had a 75litre LPG tank I had fitted)

• Haha
Reactions: Big Ben
Seems unlikely but do you think you've gained a bit of capacity with your fuel pump being outside the tank? Granted you shouldn't gain more than a litre or so for it, but who knows?

The light should come on at around 5 litres left so if you've got no light on you'd assume you have a minimum of 5 litres, plus maybe add a litre for the filler neck, so that would potentially leave 51 litres of space. Do you have a surge tank too? Maybe that was being filled too? Either that or you've got an expanding tank :sweatsmile:

Seems unlikely but do you think you've gained a bit of capacity with your fuel pump being outside the tank? Granted you shouldn't gain more than a litre or so for it, but who knows?

The light should come on at around 5 litres left so if you've got no light on you'd assume you have a minimum of 5 litres, plus maybe add a litre for the filler neck, so that would potentially leave 51 litres of space. Do you have a surge tank too? Maybe that was being filled too? Either that or you've got an expanding tank :sweatsmile:
Still have the pump in the tank as well(2 pumps) and the surge tank won’t fill unless ignition on I think!