Fuel computer under reading

Just filled up and had done 372 miles since the last brimming of the tank, this time i put in 48 litres. By my calculation this is 35mpg, yet the onboard fuel computer was stating 31mpg. Is it usually this far out?

I've noticed mine does seem to read around 2-3MPG low from what I work it out at.

I just leave it on the ''Fuel Used'' display and don't worry about the MPG. :smile:

I've found this. Without fail every single time I fill up, the calculated figure is better than the displayed figure by 2 to 3 mpg.

I thknk it's Renault erring on the side of caution. When I had my 172 Cup id did exactly the opposite...it overstated the mpg by 2-3.

Are you sure? I'm averaging 26mpg and I don't put my foot down at all. I just make 320 miles per tank (all according to the car clocks)

mine says 35.1mpg, and when i've calculated it by using the distance and fuel used it should be 35.5mpg i think

Just filled up and had done 372 miles since the last brimming of the tank, this time i put in 48 litres. By my calculation this is 35mpg, yet the onboard fuel computer was stating 31mpg. Is it usually this far out?

sounds about right to me

Same here. It under reads by 2-3 mpg.

Sitting on 35.2 over the tank at the minute, due a fill up shortly so will see the final figure.

Similar Thread Suggestions