Fuel additive.......snake-oil ?

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Paid Member
I got given a free sample of ARCHOIL AR6200 fuel additive. And was prepared to chuck it in the garage with all the other odd-n-sods as i: only use V-Power premium fuel with all the fantastic cleaners and additives that brings; and so 'wouldnt benefit' from a fuel enhancer / cleaner etc. In my eyes at least........

Hang fire i thought ! Why not Google the stuff first.

Well - 27 mega reviews on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00829QA78/?tag=clio197-21

23 great reviews from the supplier i got it from:

https://www.powerenhancer.co.uk/arc...x-high-concentrate-1202.html#customer-reviews

Numerous positive reports on various owners forums around the web.

And a glowing and scientific review from this oil / fuel insight website:

http://www.oilem.com/fuel-catalysts-archoil-ar6200-2/

Little more power from a cleaner burn, more torque and alot of people saying upto 8% more MPG !

**I'm quite excited now !!

Thoughts ?

Reactions: kevlar
With those reviews I may get myself a bottle!

Wouldn't be life changing but every little helps and if it internally cleans a bit, it can only help the running of it..less rubbish in the system means less struggling and chucking fuel in which in turn means better MPG and a happier lump!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: kevlar
i dont think you can harm your car if used properly and following its instruction...
i have used Red ex for last month and think its helped to run my engine a bit smoother...i have a last quarter to go in with another full tank and thats it..job done..

I have ordered some Wynns extreme petrol clean from europarts with a huge discount obviously! - keen to see if it makes any difference, in theory cant do any harm right...:poke:

Reactions: Pav
Very interested to hear your thoughts on this Shuv. I have always dismissed it as snake oil to some degree, but that's based on assumptions and not actual usage :neutral: I've not heard a bad report on it yet, more commonly that it hasn't made much difference... I now have an open mind :smile:

Very interested to hear your thoughts on this Shuv. I have always dismissed it as snake oil to some degree, but that's based on assumptions and not actual usage :neutral: I've not heard a bad report on it yet, more commonly that it hasn't made much difference... I now have an open mind :smile:

I went from being sceptical last night, to then reading about it ; and was infact eager to get to the garage this morning; brim the old girl with V-Power and squirt in the good stuff (VERY precise amounts needed per litre) !

Went the long way home again tonight. One because i'm LOVING the car right now, two; to further try the new gearbox oil and three; because i wanted to run the fuel additive through.

Will have to give it a week [Still only 125 miles if i take the long route home] to give the stuff some sort of 'test' and see if i can notice anything driving wise. And likely longer to see if MPG improves......

Reactions: Jimmy
you will notice a slight diff after a few miles..especially on an older engine..since i didnt know the history of my meg engine,i thought,what the heck,i'll give it a go..didnt harm in the slightest...

in one of my previous jobs we were looking to make fuel savings as the fleet and fuel use was massive...we had talks with a company that could supply an "additive" that was added with the fuel and would give an mpg improvement & was fully tested/certified etc so they do work we didnt go for it in the end as the additional cost did not cost in for the fuel/mpg improvement it made

Similar Thread Suggestions