Front strut brace?

c197mark

Renault Parts Advisor
Platinum Member
Does anyone know if there is a front strut brace for a 197? ive found a front one for a clio 3 but will that fit a 197?:huh:

Iv had a look aso interested, but how easy would it be to fit one? I looked under the bonnet and got a little confused lol

should be an easy enough fit, just bolts to the top mounts on the suspension turrets ...

you wouldnt see it though as the top mounts are under the scuttle panel at the bottom of the windscreen.
i wanted a polished one to go with my polished engine.

yea it goes under the scuttle trim do they do one for the 197? will the clio 3 one be the same?

It says it fits all mk3 clios so you could get it and see, it looks adjustable which will help. If it doesn't can always send it back.

I emailed and asked about the omp item from strutbracer and they said they havent a clue and its very much a guess lol.

I remember someone stating that the struts are so close to the bulkhead on the 197 that its already stiff enough, and a brace would be pointless from a performance point of view?

I emailed and asked about the omp item from strutbracer and they said they havent a clue and its very much a guess lol.

I remember someone stating that the struts are so close to the bulkhead on the 197 that its already stiff enough, and a brace would be pointless from a performance point of view?

i did think that tbh thats why i only went for a rear strut brace the supension set up on the front of the 197 is quite a good setup and it is really good so dont really need a front strut

I will get myself some Uniball strut mounts, instead of a strutbracer. Individual setup here I come :smile:

KW has some of those for the Clio 197...not exactly cheap though.

KW-clubsport-2010-topmounts.gif

clubsport_image_03.jpg

Last edited:
how much are those look cool

Well, I certainly don´t buy them for the looks :lol: but tbh they do look cool. However, I´m not sure if they are the tool of choice for british b-roads?!

I enquired them and price is around ~190-200 pounds each.

Last edited:
well if an OEM is about 90 pounds and not very durable in hard track use then I guess it is not a very expensive upgrade, wonder how durable it is and is it a lot louder on poor roads....