Front Shock Bump stop/boot and Shock Nut

Sam E

Paid Member
Evening all,

The latest shipment of Cooksport springs finally landed in the UK so I managed to pick up my set from KTEC to go with the new cup shocks I've had since November. I was planning on building up the new struts before tearing the car apart to make life easier but forgot about the bump stop/shock gaiters on the front. RPD have two listed, and they seem to say these are the correct ones for the 197:

and not these, which appear to be for the 200 and aren't a combined boot/bump stop unit like the first ones:

Does anyone know for definite which ones are correct? I can get a pair of KYB boots in the style of the first link for close to the price of one genuine part from RPD but want to make sure they're correct before pulling the trigger. I'm 99% sure they're correct but I've seen some pictures on various threads on here of some front struts and the boots didn't look anything like the links above.

Also, I was hoping on getting away with reusing the bottom shock nut and bolt at the time of ordering the shocks but after having a look at the state of the front suspension when I was putting my new wheels on last week I'm having second thoughts and don't fancy A, being stuck with an unusable car if the bolts end up knackered and B, paying ~12 quid a side for genuine nuts and bolts from Renault, so does anyone know the bolt specs? I think they're M12x1.25 and grade 12.9 but unsure on overall length and shank/thread length. I'm hoping I can pick up a pair of nut and bolts from a local place cheaper than from Renault but want to get the specs right first.

Cheers

Last edited: