Front bumper vents

Can I drill the vent holes in my 197 front bumper where the number plate is usually placed, as seen on 182 etc...?

Thaanks for your coments in advance. :wink:

Having replied to your other post about numberplate location, yes, but why would you want to? Im pretty sure that section of the bumper just sits in front if the slam panel and above the rad but may be wrong.

Having replied to your other post about numberplate location, yes, but why would you want to? Im pretty sure that section of the bumper just sits in front if the slam panel and above the rad but may be wrong.
thanks for that better check it out first, cant find any images on the net...:wink:

Ive looked through from the lower grill and can see the rad from there clearly, plate space is just above here. Whether there is a solid panel behind who knows!!

Last edited:
thanks for that better check it out first, cant find any images on the net...:wink:

Ive looked through from the lower grill and can see the rad from there clearly, plate space is just above here. Whether there is a solid panel behind who knows!!
found the image from behind the bumper, your right, plastic attachment panel looks like, might have to rethink my mods, thanks. :wink:

Reactions: Doogle
Cuf2duG

Cuf2duG

Like this? The re-enforce plastic part can be removed. But I just cut some of it out. Ready for my oil cooler when I get it. Going to be covering the plate reses part in black vinyl Aswell

Extra cooling on track, replaced by numberplate for road.Ignore the miserable looking driver!.

Attachments

• IMG_1626.JPG
    IMG_1626.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 50
i now appreciate any extra cooling after a meg swap..looks good plus you can always put you reg plate back to cover the holes..

In a normal drill accessories kit you get this size bit. I don't know the name of it sorry i have just always had one.

I'm pretty certain some people remove the rubber seal that attaches to the scuttle panel so it draws the hot air out?
Also, I think I've seen holes cut out on the panel below the bonnet (above the N/S grille) to feed air better toward the filter.

I could also be talking out of my arse :smiley:

Reactions: Pav
I'm pretty certain some people remove the rubber seal that attaches to the scuttle panel so it draws the hot air out?
Also, I think I've seen holes cut out on the panel below the bonnet (above the N/S grille) to feed air better toward the filter.

I could also be talking out of my arse :smiley:

If you remove the rubber scuttle seal it does indeed let heat out, at Spa last year I removed mine and could see the heat haze.
With megane-converted Clios getting heat out is more important, definitely.

Reactions: Big Ben
If you remove the rubber scuttle seal it does indeed let heat out, at Spa last year I removed mine and could see the heat haze.
Interesting comment on the scuttle seal. I’ll keep that up my sleeve

mine has been gone as soon as the conversion was finished...
Interesting comment on the scuttle seal. I’ll keep that up my sleeve
do it Ben..helps massively...

Reactions: Micah
Holes,where number plate is, bonnet vents, rubber strip removed where scuttle panel is, rad fan now the right way round, do not have cooling problems any more.I think having the Rad fan blowing the right way, was the best mod yet!!.

Holes,where number plate is, bonnet vents, rubber strip removed where scuttle panel is, rad fan now the right way round, do not have cooling problems any more.I think having the Rad fan blowing the right way, was the best mod yet!!.

Is that on Meg converted Clio or the original NA? My fan doesnt seem particularly stable, unfortunately the only way to look at it without taking half the the cooling system apart is from underneath so I need to have look.

Is that on Meg converted Clio or the original NA? My fan doesnt seem particularly stable, unfortunately the only way to look at it without taking half the the cooling system apart is from underneath so I need to have look.
250meg engine Clio.