Front anti-roll bar diameter?

Hi mates, does anybody know a diameter of front anti-roll bar for Clio Sport 197 with cup suspension? I would need to know it, but I do not have equipment to measure it properly. Also would like to know, whether is there any difference in diameter between cup chassis and ordinary one? Thanks a lot for help!

I was only thinking about this the other day, instead of changing the whole RB you could probably make up the difference between non-cup / cup by using poly bushes instead of the oem rubber ones, could save alot of hassle depending on how easily they change over?

Well, I've seen it mentioned from RUK people over on the renaultsport forum, it's part of the cup package on 200s at least so presumably 197s aswell.

Yeh, I have heard it mentioned in a thread on here before too but didn't know if there was any actual truth to it or not?

i would like to know too, as if its just the anti-roll bars these should be aftermarket upgradable.

RichW, does any company produce the poly bushes for Clio RS197?

I myself drive a non-cup RS197.

No probs m8, was looking for these a while back.

Thought i read that someone on here had them custom made by a company a while back.

The race car has a bigger 24mm ARB, not sure anyone does aftermarket ones?

ARB bushes are generally a common D shaped bush, Powerflex sell universal ones of all diameters.

The race car has a bigger 24mm ARB, not sure anyone does aftermarket ones?

ARB bushes are generally a common D shaped bush, Powerflex sell universal ones of all diameters.

Mike, do you know for certain if the "cup packed" cars come with a thicker arb as suggested above or is this just myth?

Cheers

Yes it does. Not sure if the 197 ARB was different between FF & Cup, but the 200s certainly are. Read this.

To be honest from a Cup point of view, I really don't think it needs any more ARB, the race car only has an uprated one to deal with the slicks I'd imagine.

Last edited:
Yes it does. Not sure if the 197 ARB was different between FF & Cup, but the 200s certainly are. Read this.

To be honest from a Cup point of view, I really don't think it needs any more ARB, the race car only has an uprated one to deal with the slicks I'd imagine.

Thanks for the link dude. But like you say no certainty of the 197 having one. But meh.

I've had a look and can't find any evidence of the 197 changing the ARB for the cup chassis - doesn't mean to say they didn't though.

Basically, I'd say if you want to upgrade then first find out what the 197s diameter is and if it differs, get a 200 Cup ARB.

Oh, I'd got the race car's bar wrong - quote from Renault's site "the 22mm anti-roll bar has a slightly increased diameter in comparison to the production model"