For sale rules

Matt197

South West Rep
I have just noticed that in the rules there is no mention of members username and the current date having to be in a photo of the items for sale. Actually it only recommends a picture is added but is not an enforcement.

Can this be made mandatory please? How else are buyers meant to know if the seller actually has the items for sale if 1. No picture is taken of the items and 2. there username and date is not present either.

I understand this is not a 100% guarantee you are not going be ripped of but it assures buyers anyway, plus its annoying when people post up items for sale with no picture.

If you aren't careful Matt you just make it bloody awkward to sell things. Touch wood there isn't a problem with rogue sellers in this site, we have a feeback system in place, why complicate matters further?

I'm sorry but how hard is it to take a photo of the item you are selling, while you are doing that writing your username and the date is not much more inconvenience. Every device now has a camera so really there is no excuse not to, its just laziness imo.

I hate it when people post up something for sale and there is no photo, other forums I use enforce this rule and it works.

It was decided as more of a recommendation as a set rule as it'll essentially make it a lot more hassle if you wanna sell things.

Tbh, when buying stuff off the internet/car forums always use common sense. I wouldn't buy anything off of a "non established" member etc.

But as you brought it up I'll bring it up with the hierarchy. :kiss:

I'm sorry but how hard is it to take a photo of the item you are selling, while you are doing that writing your username and the date is not much more inconvenience. Every device now has a camera so really there is no excuse not to, its just laziness imo.

I hate it when people post up something for sale and there is no photo, other forums I use enforce this rule and it works.

Then clearly I am lazy. I always include photos but don't see why I should have to faff around adding my name and date to them. If I wanted to screw someone I could just add my info to a generic photo anyway so I don't really see the point.

My remark was to for sale threads that don't have a picture not the username and date part :smile:

How anyone can tell what they are buying without a picture is beyond me and I for one will never buy without a picture of the items. I am only trying to suggest ways to make it safer for users and thought by making the picture part mandatory was a good step, the username and date part is just more added security that the person selling actually has the item they are selling.

But hey ho.

I agree with pics for sure but not so much username etc.

I've raised your suggestion in the staff forum.