Fog Light Failure?

djjackwilson

Platinum Member
Hi! :smile:

Erm, well I got my 200 RB 6 weeks ago, and neither fog lights work?

Surely it can't be a 2 bulb failure?

Has anyone had this sort of thing before - I.e. electrical problem?

It's a dealer sale car, so it will be going back shortly when I have some time on my hands.

Cheers

Jack

Hi! :smile:

Erm, well I got my 200 RB 6 weeks ago, and neither fog lights work?

Surely it can't be a 2 bulb failure?

Has anyone had this sort of thing before - I.e. electrical problem?

It's a dealer sale car, so it will be going back shortly when I have some time on my hands.

Cheers

Jack

I would defo take it back the crap weather we get up here,mined you its a good excuse to pull the fogs out and get a cold air feed in:wink:

I tried them 3 days after I got it and they didn't come on, and I told the salesman, but never followed it through.

Could it just be a fuse?

Also how do you get a avatar on?

I tried them 3 days after I got it and they didn't come on, and I told the salesman, but never followed it through.

Could it just be a fuse?

Also how do you get a avatar on?

could be a fuse!

need to be paid member - £5 - also includes trader discounts etc and access to "how to" section:thumbup1:

Are you talking front fogs? If it's the rear fogs, there's only 1, despite there being 2 holders. So if the one bulb has gone then that could well be it.

If it's the front fogs, then the easiest thing to do is check the bulbs first, but if they weren't working when you bought the car, I'd take it back also.

Don't forget, the bulbs were put in at the same time and get used at the same time, so bulb failure at the same time is possible. I had both the head lights on my Berlingo work van fail at the same time a while ago.

If its the rears even the one that isn't wired up has a bulb so you can swap them to check.

Front fogs have also got there own little loom fixed to the bumper which the main plug is behind the bumper in front of the passenger side front wheel behind arch liner

It's the front fogs - should of said - my bad :smile:

Most cars now have two holders for fogs, the Fabia VRS that I was working on last year had two, and for it to pass scrutineering it needed a rain light on both sides, so we created a wire and connected a bulb :smile:

As for mine, I'm taking it back ASAP - I only thing that's went wrong with it :/

Also, the passenger speaker decided to play up the other day, and go off and come back on - but it's been fine since? I hate electrics!!

Might just be something simple such as bulbs or something. You never know, the previous owner may have disconnected them or something stupid.