Flexis.

Typhoon

Paid Member
Hi guys - been quoted £300 labour and £150 cost (for welding) to get my two flexis changed in my 197 - is this extortionate?

Quite a novice when it comes to mechanics, but how hard of a job is it to get the manifold off the 197? Sub frame out etc?

Cheers,

Lee

Hi buddy and welcome :smile:

thats quite expensive! If you pay your £5 membership, you get access to the classifieds and there's a few manifolds on there for sale. Also, a toyosport manifold is cheaper than that IIRC

Cheers mate - gonna register later when I finish work!

I was looking in to Miltek but they don't do a manifold afaik.

I have bought a second hand manifold that the flexi has blown on, two new flexis cost me £32 off eBay. Planning to cut the old ones out myself then getting the new ones welded in by a local bloke for £40 as I want to keep the car standard. Then going to swap it out for mine with a blown flexi repair mine and keep it as a spare.

Also if you put Clio 197 manifold in eBay there is a place that you can take or send your manifold to they replace the flexis for £179 that is with you taking it off the car yourself though, which I will be attempting once my spare one is repaired.

I have bought a second hand manifold that the flexi has blown on, two new flexis cost me £32 off eBay. Planning to cut the old ones out myself then getting the new ones welded in by a local bloke for £40 as I want to keep the car standard. Then going to swap it out for mine with a blown flexi repair mine and keep it as a spare.

Also if you put Clio 197 manifold in eBay there is a place that you can take or send your manifold to they replace the flexis for £179 that is with you taking it off the car yourself though, which I will be attempting once my spare one is repaired.

Let me know how you get on with that mate.

I was severely hungover so apologies if I seemed rude haha.

When mine went I bought a manifold for from a breaker and was £300 labour for it to be fitted. £150 for welding is expensive.

Last edited: