Flat Spot - Sports Cat with Cat-Back?

Hi,

I am looking at buying a Cobra Cat back system with a sports cat for my clio rs 200.

I am wondering if anyone can comment on the flat spot issues I've been reading.

Will a sports cat increase/create a Flat spot?
Will a cat-back exhaust system increase/create a Flat spot?
Is a Non-resonated or resonated cat back best for having no/less of a flat spot?

Thanks,

Harvey

I have a resonated Cobra system with sports cat. I didn't feel that the flat spot was any worse personally. I did, however, get the car remapped at RS Tuning and noticed the difference. You could say that I didn't know I had a flat spot until it wasn't there anymore! I can't say whether resonated is better or worse from a flat spot point of view but it's certainly loud enough for me. On a long up hill motorway drag I certainly wouldn't want it any louder. Over all I'm very happy with the Cobra system. Nice tone that really adds to the driving experience.

Reactions: Sean197
I have a resonated Cobra system with sports cat. I didn't feel that the flat spot was any worse personally. I did, however, get the car remapped at RS Tuning and noticed the difference. You could say that I didn't know I had a flat spot until it wasn't there anymore! I can't say whether resonated is better or worse from a flat spot point of view but it's certainly loud enough for me. On a long up hill motorway drag I certainly wouldn't want it any louder. Over all I'm very happy with the Cobra system. Nice tone that really adds to the driving experience.

Do you by any chance have any videos of the noise when revving and when driving?
I'm wanting a tone which can easily be heard if the car was driving past me and I would be like "that's an aftermarket exhaust"
But like you said one that is not too loud when going 70mph+ down a motorway for hours. But again an exhaust that loud if i am driving through a town centre at 25mph and people will hear me coming :wink:

I'm really stuck between getting a Res or Non-Res system. Just can't decide. I want the loudness when idle and driving at normal speeds and people will break their necks to look at the car. But not anything that will get on my nerves on long motorway journeys

Do you by any chance have any videos of the noise when revving and when driving?
I'm wanting a tone which can easily be heard if the car was driving past me and I would be like "that's an aftermarket exhaust"
But like you said one that is not too loud when going 70mph+ down a motorway for hours. But again an exhaust that loud if i am driving through a town centre at 25mph and people will hear me coming :wink:

I'm really stuck between getting a Res or Non-Res system. Just can't decide. I want the loudness when idle and driving at normal speeds and people will break their necks to look at the car. But not anything that will get on my nerves on long motorway journeys
I don't have any videos but Cobra have some on YouTube if you take a look.

Possibly a little quieter than you seem to be looking for. It's certainly loud enough to appreciate it from inside the car & whilst it has a good tone to it and is louder than the average car it's not mega loud. I do get nice pops & bangs when lifting off though.It seems to me that you're looking for a non resonated system though you'll have to accept that it'll be quite loud on motorway trips, especially when going up hill. Mine is loud enough for me and is noisy inside the car on up hill stretches of motorway but settles down once the road flattens out.

Sorry to bring back up but does a sports cat effect the flat spot, or is it only if going decat that the flat spot can become more of an issue?