Fitting spacers

Many-many have fitted 25mm spacers......

You of course need longer wheel bolts. The same amount longer as the spacers your fitting.

Standard length is 27/28mm. So with 25mm spacers for example you'd need 52 or 53mm bolts.

Bolts are M14 x 1.5 thread rate with 60 degree taper.

I think 25mm would be to much for me. Possibley looking at 15 or 20mm max. So do I need to replace my existing wheel bolts? Total newb to this sorry guys. Anyone got some eBay links to give me an idea what to buy.

Great links very helpful thank you Peter. Just got to decide what size. Looking to keeep the suspension standard for the moment thinking 15mm or 19mm max would look good.

Paul

Reactions: peter
Anyone experience problems after fitting spacers like bad handling etc. as I've read some cars do suffer after altering the stance.

Paul

need some advice guys. What's the max size wheel spacers I can fit to standard wheel studs?

Paul

Don't bother with sandwich-style spacers, they're just dangerous.

Go for hub-centric style ones like I've fitted. Mine at H&R but you can get them from various places.

They bolt directly to the hub face so no need for longer bolts. The spacer effectively becomes your new hub. They're more expensive but they're the proper way of doing things. Don't fanny around with longer bolts.

Reactions: paul jennings
Iv bought H&R spacers before and the quality has been excellent. Now thinking if I'm fitting spacers I also need to lower the car. Loving the stance on yours Christopher.
What lowering springs do you guys recommend? Mine already has the cup chassis option and don't want a ride any harder if I can help it.

Paul

Iv bought H&R spacers before and the quality has been excellent. Now thinking if I'm fitting spacers I also need to lower the car. Loving the stance on yours Christopher.
What lowering springs do you guys recommend? Mine already has the cup chassis option and don't want a ride any harder if I can help it.

Paul

Mine are H&R springs with the OE Cup dampers. Great combo.

Reactions: paul jennings
yea standard they do look a bit well...standard lol

Personally i couldnt go to 25mm i would just wreck my front arches and my car isnt stupid low either. If i wasn't so hard on the car then id give them a shot. Chris's car looks great.

Reactions: Cossers
yea standard they do look a bit well...standard lol

Personally i couldnt go to 25mm i would just wreck my front arches and my car isnt stupid low either. If i wasn't so hard on the car then id give them a shot. Chris's car looks great.

I think mine must be different somehow, since a few have said this.

Mine doesnt rub at all on either road or track. It scrubs a bit on the Karrussell but what car doesn't. :tearsofjoy: