Fitting Bucket seats & resistors!

krash67

Gold Member
Hi,

just wanted to share something that as just worked for me. This additional to fitting the 3.3ohm resistors to help remove the air bag light. But you may need another value of resistor, this for the seat (in forward position) switch. I had a issue where I still couldn't clear the light with a 3.3ohm and once re-measuring the resistance of the switch on the seat found I needed a 100ohm for this one.
Also (and apologies if you already knew this) if your removing the seat belt mechanisms you also need a 3.3ohm resistor fitting on the harness side plug.

oh by the way I was removing recaro's.

Hi,

just wanted to share something that as just worked for me. This additional to fitting the 3.3ohm resistors to help remove the air bag light. But you may need another value of resistor, this for the seat (in forward position) switch. I had a issue where I still couldn't clear the light with a 3.3ohm and once re-measuring the resistance of the switch on the seat found I needed a 100ohm for this one.
Also (and apologies if you already knew this) if your removing the seat belt mechanisms you also need a 3.3ohm resistor fitting on the harness side plug.

oh by the way I was removing recaro's.
hi mate have you any pics ?

I can also confirm this is the same for the standard Renault sears too, I ran into the same problem when removing mine.