200: First Service

Hi, got first service due in the next couple of weeks at Arnold Clark. Wondering what cost for first service is and anything to look out for i.e. car issues known.

So far I've got

Slight creaking noise coming from chassis when driving over bumps on the road
Stitching on drivers seat split on side
Passenger side window creaking noise when partly down when driving
Creaking drivers seat
Kangarooing meh
Glovebox door alignment

Thats hopefully it so far...
Any help/information would be great thanks!

Last edited:
If i present them a list of the above will they carry out the work on this?
Sounds silly maybe, but my first new car and also first car with a warranty. So im clueless on how to get the ball rolling if you get me

just tell them whats wrong they will investigate and tell you what needs doing or not
then when they tell you all is ok then the arguing begins
dont take no for a answer if you think its not right complain to renault uk
jobs a good un

Stitching on drivers seat split on side
Passenger side window creaking noise when partly down when driving
Creaking drivers seat
Kangarooing meh
Glovebox door alignment

I got my glovebox replaced under warranty, they told me they 'sorted' it but it was worse so just ask for it to be replaced.

How much miles you done? I would ask for your seats to be replaced under warranty, because what happens if it happens at a later date on a newer set you will still have plenty time to get sorted again.

Kangarooing, mixed feelings from different people. I got mines sorted under warranty.

Creaky seat - It's french, deal with it! lol!

£150 is about right from a dealer. I was even offered a courtesy car while they did mine from Harratts in Pontefract, they are very good though:thumbup1:

I was looking at service costs the other day and have a figure of around £120 in mind from my local dealer. It is little more than an oil change.

Was thinking of taking it AC in wigan yes maz, or possibly St Helens where I bought it from. Does it have to be them to keep warranty?

and haha at "its french " comment i actually said that to myself :smile:

Any VAT registered garage can do the service, however keeping full RenSH will probably improve the likelihood of any goodwill, especially once the car is out of the 36m/60k.