First post, first Renault, first hot hatch.

A2ON

Platinum Member
Good afternnon all.

Firstly hello I have just done the deal on my first renault a 2006/56 Clio 197 , I have a few pictures there a bit scrappy but I will post more when I pick her up on Saturday.

b80a8e86.jpg

4288edd2.jpg

she has done 40k , 1 owner from new , fsh , rear and side tinted windows air con , dynamo blue paintand probally loads of other stuff I can't rember.

I am a massive car nut and thought long and hard before buying this car after having test drove loads of cooper s s and a few others I decided to go for this. The right choice I hope. Any views , advice , surgestions welcome

Thanks in advance

ARON

Sorry yeh racing blue . It's got eibach springs on it apart from that it's standard it used to belong to a renaultsport.com member I think he may have been a member on here to "btcc"? Was his user name I think on renaultsport. The car really is mint it looks like it has never been sat it ! I can't wait to take delivery and really try it out. Are there any must do mods apart from hid's which I really want I'd also like the zaust to be a tad louder .

Nice car (best colour), subtle mods too with the painted alloys and calipers and lowering springs. Can recommend KTEC Pro Performance exhaust

Hi. I have the same colour 197 with White Speedlines. Blue with white wheels looks awsome, although I'm slightly biased!!! The only problem is keeping the wheels clean cuz they look naff when grubby.

I'm sure you'll love your 197, I've had mine for 3 months and love it.

Attachments

• 1382204-3.jpg
    1382204-3.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 8
Welcome to the site aron.
Where you from.? See your coming to fcs(good man)

with exhaust there are a few so first decision is standard tips or tips that you can see.?

Eh I'm up for most meets mate just want to get to know a few peeps learn more about the 197's etc etc. With regards to zorst I would like to keep it standard looking people mention the k tech one I just don't want flat spots etc but I probally would drive down there get it fitted then mapped ....

You wouldn't get that much of a flat with a standard cat back system.
I would get the exhaust and live with it a few weeks see how you thi k it feels and the if you really still want the map go See matt at TDF.

welcome mate, you looking for a standard looking exhaust, theres k tec pro performance, yozzasport or piper do a system with standard tips, ive got the k tec one and love it to bits, pops and gargles and have notice an increase in performance. but like jase says theres many and many people on here have them. its a matter of choice.

Welcome mate!

R/b with white speedlines rocks :thumbup1:

EDIT: I confused yours with Slinky's.. Yours looks good anyway :thumbup1:

Last edited: