Finnish nimbus 197 #17 update interior cleaning

Antti O

Gold Member
I took pictures with Samsung Galaxy S3 phone camera. What you think about it?
10 washes after last waxing, we still have winter here..

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

Last edited:
Lovely looking car, it must be a nightmare trying to keep a car clean with that much snow?!

This winter has been quite easy to handle because of december, january, february and this march tempeature was between -10celsius or -30 celsius. In that cold they dont use salt in roads. My wash interval is normally 2 weeks but in this winter it has been enough if i wash once/month. And believe me, car stays better clean when you have -25celsius and dry or icy roads than our summer when we have rain 5 days a week. I am planning to do full detailing maybe beginning of may if weather is good. Normally snow here melts about 20 day of april.

I suppose that makes sense. Over here snow always = filthy cars, its because they throw so much grit at it as we all have the wrong tyres and can't drive it turns to mucky sludge and covers your car.

I suppose that makes sense. Over here snow always = filthy cars, its because they throw so much grit at it as we all have the wrong tyres and can't drive it turns to mucky sludge and covers your car.

I know what u mean. We also have some days tempeature +0c or -2celsius and then they spread salt and it is horrible and brown. But regular wash helps.

I've not seen headlamp washers with reflector lights. Must be Finnish spec!

I dont know do if we got some kind of northern package here, also bmw makes cold climate versions which have heated washer nozzles& heated locks and breathers are insulated too. Those headlight washers are pretty useless in my opinion.

do they still sell brand new 197s then?

:wink: i try to keep this car "as new"..

I am considering to buy cheap rwd car for next winter so i can keep clio 197 in garage protected for salt and other dirt. I drive so few kilometres with this clio. Under 10.000km / year.

Interior wash with Kärcher SE3001 water vacuum cleaner.

Equipment:

Kärcher SE 3001
Kärcher RM 760 powder

_full.jpg

1 cleaning powder unit for full tank

_full.jpg

Washing

_full.jpg

Waste water after first pass

_full.jpg

Finished after one pass with cleaning powder fluid and one pass with clean water and drying with machine.

_full.jpg

_full.jpg

_full.jpg

_full.jpg

_full.jpg

Out for dry

_full.jpg

Last edited: