Finally started fitting bits n bobs to LY200

Firstly thank you all for the warm welcome in the New Members area!!

Well I have had the car now for a few weeks and so far loving it, even with the issues.

Completed so far

* New top mounts (these were barely attached! N?S had about 1.5 inches of rubber left attached!! Check your top mounts people)
* New Cup dampers front and rear
* Eibach Pro Kit
* Eibach 25mm Pro Spacers front and rear
* Scorpion catback non res
* ITG CAI
* New drop links and anti rotation links
* Thermostat change and total coolant flush/change
* Powerflex engine mounts and gearbox too
* New rear discs and pads (I have never seen rear discs in such a poor state!)

Still to go but going on next week

* Superpro front arm and rear beam bushes
* Toyosport Manifold (I'm sure mine is cracked)
* Tarox F2000 discs and Corsa spec pads

And more to come later

* Cobra seats to remove dubious light coloured patches (that get filthy) and replace with black alcantara, re trim gear knob and change gear lever gaitor to alcantara
* Royal to retrim wheel in perforated leather at thumb grips and black alcantara to the top and bottom.

Body needs some work. There is a mark to the O/S rear and bumper, plus after a clean I have discovered a dodgy bit of respray work to the N/S rear too :-( Can't believe I missed this...

Here is how she is so far from the Open Day at Scorpion Exhausts on Sunday. https://www.dropbox.com/s/qr2256pa4rjk9nw/Clio at Scorpion.jpg?dl=0

Attachments

• Clio at Scorpion.jpg
    Clio at Scorpion.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 30
Reactions: Micah and Sean197
Kids be careful out there...I have literally judy managed to shear a bolt on the right hand side top mount! I was planning to fit the Powerflex insert but one of the front 2 bolts juat twisted off. Not a great start to bank holiday Monday...

Attachments

• 20170501_072257~2.jpg
    20170501_072257~2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 34
Oh dear. Dont you love bolts and nuts that havn't been undone or seen the light of day for years........

Dont suppose you used any penetrating oil / WD-40 etc beforehand ?

Hi @sevenfourate I used loads of WD40...over space of a week tto give it plenty of time...

Does anyone know how to actually get these out to put the Powerflex insert in anyway? No instructions I can find :-(

Oh dear, not good. Bit late now but don't bother with wd40, use Plus Gas. I used it when changing my brakes and it's amazing.

Yea sorry. I really meant did you use 'anything' rather than attempt to undo them dry.

But as Sean says; Plus-gas or one of the more industrial sprays we use at work alot (Wurth also do a really good product for this type of use) would be alot better than a generic lightweight WD40-40, 3 in 1 oils etc.

Snapping small bolts where they have rusted in at the bottom, and the torque of attempting to undo then snaps them further up the thread is unfortunately part and parcel of removing parts that havn't been undone for years.....sometimes.

Neat diesel soaked in; is also incredibly good at easing rusted parts - if your able to soak the part your looking to remove. I've had large pieces of equipment rusted solid - that i've managed to squirt diesel into through a bleed nipple - left for a few days and then got them moving again.....

Onwards and upwards and good luck !

Reactions: Ben Thompson