Fast road pads: DS1.11 DS3000 or DSUNO?

I need to improve braking. in the clio 182 used DS1.11 and I were going well, but I would like to try the DSUNO

references?

4t34op.gif

DS2500 for me. Work well from cold & just done Spa track day with them & found them great in combination with Brembo high carbon discs.

I use ds2500 as well but looking at the graph I would only buy the dsuno if they were cheaper than the ds1.11

Hi, I'm also looking at gettings new pads for my 197 (daily driver with occasional track use), would you recommend upgrading to the Brembo high carbon discs to get the Ferodo DS2500 pads? Also are the high carbon discs only necessary for the fronts? Just wondering as I can only see front HC discs for sale. Last thing, is there any downsides to swapping to the Brembo discs or the Ferodo pads rather than the standard ones? Would really appreciate any advice :smile:

Hi, I'm also looking at gettings new pads for my 197 (daily driver with occasional track use), would you recommend upgrading to the Brembo high carbon discs to get the Ferodo DS2500 pads? Also are the high carbon discs only necessary for the fronts? Just wondering as I can only see front HC discs for sale. Last thing, is there any downsides to swapping to the Brembo discs or the Ferodo pads rather than the standard ones? Would really appreciate any advice :smile:
Absolutely no downside I can think of other than pads will be dearer. Pay for what you get though

Brembo HC discs are cheaper than the Renault OEM ones so that is the main reason I and many others use them. The standard discs are very good and I would buy them when discounted. No real need to get any other type of disc (drilled / grooved etc) unless you prefer the appearance.

DS2500 pads will be a nice upgrade over the standard pads for road use. If you plan on doing track days the DS1.11 is a very good pad and works well on the road.

Thanks for your replies! Whereabouts do you guys buy the products from? I've only really ever looked for parts on ktec's site and am not sure if there are better sites or not

George @ RTR will also price match if you find them cheaper with next day delivery. I recently got him to price match nextdaybrakes as I wanted to use him as you can be certain of next day delivery.

Is there anyone using the DS1.11 pads? Looking at buying and need to know if they work fine from properly cold, that graph only starts from a higher temp

DS2500's are a fast road pad, in our experience they don't stand up well to hard track action.

DSUNO should be an upgrade from the DS1.11 but whether you will feel the difference ? What's the cost?

Having tried DS2500's and 3000's I wouldn't use either again on track. My pad of choice would be Pagid RS29's.

Maybe we need to try the DS1.11's to compare them with the Pagid.

Reactions: sevenfourate
I've run a couple of sets of DS1.11 pads for track days and left them in for the road. On the road they work far better than standard Brembo pads, but they can make a fair bit of noise if that bothers you.

If you look at the graph above the important point to note is that the coefficient of friction for the DS1.11 greater than the DS2500 at the lower end of the temperature scale.

I've now started to run Carbotech XP10 pads which I think are a bit better again. I now change the pads out to standard brembo ones between track days.

I've run a couple of sets of DS1.11 pads for track days and left them in for the road. On the road they work far better than standard Brembo pads, but they can make a fair bit of noise if that bothers you.

If you look at the graph above the important point to note is that the coefficient of friction for the DS1.11 greater than the DS2500 at the lower end of the temperature scale.

I've now started to run Carbotech XP10 pads which I think are a bit better again. I now change the pads out to standard brembo ones between track days.
What pads do you run on the rears along with the DS1.11? I'm considering getting DS1.11 fronts and keeping rears OEM