F1 R27 - SA Edition

Very interesting. Didn't knew this version was existing at all. Do you also have "normal" R27s down there or only this version?

Reactions: Addison
Very interesting. Didn't knew this version was existing at all. Do you also have "normal" R27s down there or only this version?
Marsch, speaking under correction I am aware that only 27 of these R27's came in the rest are the normal 197's, the Megane also came in as the R26 with only 26 released in SA similar to this. Here is another picture of her, she has 97k Km's on the clock.
IMG_7686 copy.png

Howzit @Jack_R27 i am also from SA I have car number 20 it’s in black ... I have seen a few in red and only one in yellow ... where about are you in SA?

Attachments

• FFC3C0F7-E3BB-4B1A-A1B9-E1A581D60ED6.jpeg
    FFC3C0F7-E3BB-4B1A-A1B9-E1A581D60ED6.jpeg
    171.1 KB · Views: 18
  • D7B09D17-359A-4481-AECA-4E0F265BD7BA.jpeg
    D7B09D17-359A-4481-AECA-4E0F265BD7BA.jpeg
    194.5 KB · Views: 19
  • FACE6A74-1E40-4822-AC1A-1FA08AF101B6.jpeg
    FACE6A74-1E40-4822-AC1A-1FA08AF101B6.jpeg
    167.7 KB · Views: 16
Howzit @Jack_R27 i am also from SA I have car number 20 it’s in black ... I have seen a few in red and only one in yellow ... where about are you in SA?
Love the black, have seen only two yellow ones down in Cape Town, I believe only two yellow ones came in and the rest in red and black.

I am from Durban

Love the black, have seen only two yellow ones down in Cape Town, I believe only two yellow ones came in and the rest in red and black.

I am from Durban
We must certainly get the Renault sport scene alive here ... my cell number is 0834426483 pop me a WhatsApp and we can certainly meet , I have seen one for sale in yellow in cape town .... I haven’t seen any in black other than mine , however I did find many in red.

Hey okes. My buddy in Cape Town has a black 197 with recaros and cup speedlines. I’m in Aus but come from Onrus. There’s another oke on here with a blue 197 he’s just put some videos up in you tube, he’s had to fix his motor.

Hi there @Onrus

could you perhaps find out what are the numbers on the black car and the blue car? I found 7 cars including mine but 1 of the cars are currently broken and I’d say dead ,so I’m still hunting for the remaining 20 R27 Clio’s ... I saw the RB7 but it’s not the same as the R27.

I am currently rebuilding my car engine ... cylinder 4 was oiling up the spark plug and causing the car to smoke when the engine warmed up ... I pulled of the cylinder head and noticed the engine was repaired before ... the oil was also seeping out the head gasket in cylinder 4 side ... I think they may have used an inferior quality head gasket or might have reused the head gasket.... so I’m rebuilding it bottom up , new rings , complete overhaul of the cylinder head and I will fit in new bearings... once that is done I will then drop the gearbox and get the dread 3rd gear synchro ring fixed and this car will be 100% ... I’m doing bit by bit slowly on this car and doing the work alone so it takes a while.

Hi there @Onrus

could you perhaps find out what are the numbers on the black car and the blue car? I found 7 cars including mine but 1 of the cars are currently broken and I’d say dead ,so I’m still hunting for the remaining 20 R27 Clio’s ... I saw the RB7 but it’s not the same as the R27.
Yuvir, the blue car he is reffering to is not a R27, its a normal 197, i think the gents name is Ettiene and he has actually done an excellent job at repairing that car.

I am currently busy repairing my suspension, ball joints, control arms etc.

My wife's dad had a black R27 as well, i will find out what number it was and to whom it was sold.

As for meeting up in SA, i recall back in the days we had a local RS forum site which had lots of memebers and most cars was listed there, i have no idea what happened to this RS forum from back then, meet ups used to be arranged in all different parts of SA at certain times etc, breakfast runs to Harties etc.

I had my car with Paul from RS Tuning for software, he used to do a lot of upgrades etc, would like to know what happened to him and if he is still operational if any of you SA gents know by any chance?

I am currently rebuilding my car engine ... cylinder 4 was oiling up the spark plug and causing the car to smoke when the engine warmed up ... I pulled of the cylinder head and noticed the engine was repaired before ... the oil was also seeping out the head gasket in cylinder 4 side ... I think they may have used an inferior quality head gasket or might have reused the head gasket.... so I’m rebuilding it bottom up , new rings , complete overhaul of the cylinder head and I will fit in new bearings... once that is done I will then drop the gearbox and get the dread 3rd gear synchro ring fixed and this car will be 100% ... I’m doing bit by bit slowly on this car and doing the work alone so it takes a while.
Wow, sounds like you have a lot on the car to do, it would be nice to see some updates man, good luck! PS: i found importing original parts from the UK works out much less than here in SA.

Yuvir, the blue car he is reffering to is not a R27, its a normal 197, i think the gents name is Ettiene and he has actually done an excellent job at repairing that car.

My wife's dad had a black R27 as well, i will find out what number it was and to whom it was sold.

As for meeting up in SA, i recall back in the days we had a local RS forum site which had lots of memebers and most cars was listed there, i have no idea what happened to this RS forum from back then, meet ups used to be arranged in all different parts of SA at certain times etc, breakfast runs to Harties etc.

I had my car with Paul from RS Tuning for software, he used to do a lot of upgrades etc, would like to know what happened to him and if he is still operational if any of you SA gents know by any chance?
Oh yes @Jack_R27 i know the guy has a polo Tdi and he has the blue 197 ... I watched his videos on YouTube ... he is a leka cool guy... I do believe there was a Renault club in Durban and it had disappeared... I’m also part of the Seat Sport KZN group and we also had a booming car scene , however it died down a lot ... I would definitely post pics when I get the head back from the engineers... I don’t have a fully setup workshop hence I didn’t post pics ... I’m working on the car from under my carport.... so everything is a mess and also the engine bay is untidy ... @Jack_R27 there is a place called Carter Renault in Springfield park the guy by the name of Deon told me there was a Renault club here and it died down a bit ... I did also see parts from the UK are much cheaper than here in SA ... I called Umhlanga Renault for the synchro ring for 3rd gear and it’s R2100 and in the UK it works out to a tad under R1000

I don’t think my buddy’s is a R27 just a black 197 with Recaros. If your gearbox still feels good don’t worry about the synchros, I replaced my clutch last June after 11 years and my synchros were fine. My mechanic did replace the 3rd and 4th synchros for the updated version. From what I understand it’s when the clutch starts getting tired that’s when you start wearing the synchros.

I don’t think my buddy’s is a R27 just a black 197 with Recaros. If your gearbox still feels good don’t worry about the synchros, I replaced my clutch last June after 11 years and my synchros were fine. My mechanic did replace the 3rd and 4th synchros for the updated version. From what I understand it’s when the clutch starts getting tired that’s when you start wearing the synchros.
I know it’s the synchro ring that’s damaged on this car as I was a motor technician before I got into the industry I am in now ... I did change the gearbox oil and it seemed to have made a tiny difference at a lower rpm around 2000rpm it doesn’t grind, however under pressure it does hence I say that the synchro has seen better days

Reactions: Onrus and Jack_R27

@Etienne_CCD is the gent I think we are talking about

Similar Thread Suggestions