Extra instruments

I looked into it but the quotes i got from ppl for the plumbing was silly.

its a non turbo car anyway so oil temp will never be an issue.

I'm probably gonna do it. Just waiting kevo to take a pic. It surely is better to know the oil temperature even if the car is NA. I had this gauge std on my AR 155 1.8TS and it had an oil cooler too but after several minutes of pushing the car the oil went to 110-120 degrees. So it's nice to know how high it is and the Clio's engine even spins higher.

But that's not my main concern. Saw couple of engines now that have very low oil pressure at idle once the oil is on temperature. The same is with different brands of oil. My m8 had a 155 Q4 - 2.0T 4x4 - and once the car was warm and after pushing it a bit the oil pressure was getting very low when the car was idling and when pushed to. Was a good way to see which oil was better when warm. Selenia Racing is crap :tongue_smilie: tried several others and in the end he landed on Valvoline. Over 0,6bar difference on idle to Selenia Racing :blush:

I'm thinking of getting a t-piece and putting it where the low oil pressure sensor is now. If there is enough room I could get a oil pressure and oil temperature feeler on too. But this is only in my mind for now....

be a waste of time taking oil temp from a oil pressure t piece - surely you will want it taken from the sump

be a waste of time taking oil temp from a oil pressure t piece - surely you will want it taken from the sump

Yeah but the temperature difference wouldn't be that big thou. Would give an approx idea where the temperature is. Anyway probably the gauge would "lie" a bit to :biggrin:

If your going to do it i suggest an oil filter sandwich plate to take off pressures and temp, it requires less room and is a neater setup.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Oil-Filter-Sa...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item3ef7565f09
Most renaults, if not all, use an M18 oil filter.

197 has a water cooled oil cooler anyway.

Thought about an oil filter sandwich plate but would be easier to do with the t-piece since I could do it at home. For an oil filter job I'd have to go to a dealer - because of the warranty and probably they'd have a problem with that :glare:

Didn't know the Clio has a water cooled oil cooler :w00t: anyone got a pic?

Sandwich plate and an electric gauge. Cost will be about £65 and is simple to fit.

Yep :biggrin:the hardest thing on this job is to find a place where to fit them :blush:

the oil cooler is the snadwich type that the filter screws on to - if you look at the front of the engine you can see it

I was thinking about this too - is it not possible to replace the low pressure sender with one sensor that does all i.e a proper pressure sensor which is also a temp one... ? or have i just invented something

If you want pressure and temp you'll have to have a t-piece with 3 take offs to accomodate the original pressure switch. Is there enough room for that?