Expansion bottle issues

Hi all
So recently noticed water leaking from expansion bottle (cap) so replaced the cap and topped up coolant. Heat gauge stays @ 12 no overheating and fan kicks in... after replacing cap I notice bottle still building pressure and spraying out from the cap similiar to if it would be overheating?

Hi all
So recently noticed water leaking from expansion bottle (cap) so replaced the cap and topped up coolant. Heat gauge stays @ 12 no overheating and fan kicks in... after replacing cap I notice bottle still building pressure and spraying out from the cap similiar to if it would be overheating?

Sounds to me like theres damage to the coolant bottle, a crack or split somewhere?

Sounds to me like theres damage to the coolant bottle, a crack or split somewhere?

Checked the bottle could not see any signs of leaking or damage. Only seems to happen in traffic pressure build up in bottle then seems to release out the cap. Would guess about 500ml loss every time yet fan works fine and heat gauge stays centre

The temp needle is damped which means it shows central at anything from 92ish to over 100. Even if its overheating, it shouldn't be doing that. Im out of ideas but if its overheating at the minimum id say the thermostat is sticking, it should open up to allow coolant through and cool the engine. If its not then the fan can keep running but its just cooling coolant in the radiator thats not getting to the block.

Reactions: Foxspeed
The temp needle is damped which means it shows central at anything from 92ish to over 100. Even if its overheating, it shouldn't be doing that. Im out of ideas but if its overheating at the minimum id say the thermostat is sticking, it should open up to allow coolant through and cool the engine. If its not then the fan can keep running but its just cooling coolant in the radiator thats not getting to the block.

Will have a look at the thermostat over the weekend hopefully just that and not something else..... Parts are so scarce in ZA not many aftermarket items available and agents are insane. Just an expansion bottle over here works out $150 from agent is you convert ZAR 2 the $

Will have a look at the thermostat over the weekend hopefully just that and not something else..... Parts are so scarce in ZA not many aftermarket items available and agents are insane. Just an expansion bottle over here works out $150 from agent is you convert ZAR 2 the $

Ouch! Have you had a look at Renault Parts Direct to see if they will post to SA?