Exhaust guide/help

Hello all

i want to get a aftermarket exhaust to my 200t, initially mostly for sounds now, but also because i am thinking of getting remap later on.
I don't want to brake emission regulations etc, so i dont want to be touching any catalytic converters (it has 2 ?).

I am unsure what i should get/look at, what is the terminology. Should i be looking at "Cat Back Exhoust" systems ?
looking mostly atm at
K-tec
Remus
Supersprint
Inoxcar - cant find the link now

/cheers !

Last edited:
I think the general consensus so far is that other than a Supersprint the others don't offer much more over the standard exhaust with a mid box silencer removed. That's what I did and it sounds great imo. Spend the £500+ on other mods.

Well for under £200 you can get a secondary cat delete pipe and a mid box chop. More noise and power than a cat back. No emissions lights. Standard exhaust is big enough for 250 bhp. Any more and you will need a clutch. No real cabin intrusion but more pops and bangs and faster spool up.

I personally won't do a cat delete again, been there done that. You are technically breaking the law and could void your insurance from my experience. If you NEED to buy an exhaust I would maybe try a Supersprint centre pipe first, see how it goes, then add a back box if you want more noise.

Just my opinion, I would bow to Womble as he knows his stuff and deserves respect when it comes to 200t's[emoji106]

Last edited:
I went for the scorpion non resonated cat back exhaust very nice sound not much louder than standard in Normal mode but in sport/race it pops and bangs like mad,I couldn't comment on what power gains it gives but for £460 it's a descent exhaust and the fit was nearly 100% just had to fiddle with it slightly or save some cash and go with what womble suggested :smile:

Last edited: