exhaust, decat and remap

ryan197

POW right in the kisser
Platinum Member
hiya lads just a quick one, just thinkig about decat and cat back system, wat the performance gains (with remap and with out), does it bring on the engine management light on, fail emmisions etc.

and do you loose a remap if you disconnect the battery, im hopefully going to have a rs tuning custom remap.

cheers ryan

If you decat there's meant to be a terrible flat sport between 2-3k revs.. there's loads on this do a search. Dont think it can be mapped out iirc

Hmm, guess ill be able to tell you once ive fitted mine tomorrow although going to have to save up for a remap as well.

Im hoping this flat spot wont be too bad to be honest but then i am looking at having a full decat manifold made up at the moment by a confidential source at this time.

Might have to see what results I get and my mate might end up going into exhaust manufacturing.

Hmm, guess ill be able to tell you once ive fitted mine tomorrow although going to have to save up for a remap as well.

Im hoping this flat spot wont be too bad to be honest but then i am looking at having a full decat manifold made up at the moment by a confidential source at this time.

Might have to see what results I get and my mate might end up going into exhaust manufacturing.

i am due to collect my car from piper tomorrow who said that they would have alook at going the manifold, they have looked and it would be too much of a ball ache, having to drop the lower sub frame out every time, if u get 1 done and get gains then lease let me know, i'll wanna snap 1 up str8 away

I potentially have a solution to the decat issue... Though I need to try it and havent been able to source the bits I need to try it :worried:

so can you map the flat spot out with 2nd decat removed or was you on about both cats and you cant map it out.