Enlarging later style top mount

bedoef

Platinum Member
Hi guys,

I have a set of KW topmounts for my later-style Mk3 Clio (small opening). I wanted to see what the consensus is here with enlarging the top hole to make accessing the camber adjustment easier? Has anyone enlarged the hole? Did you use anything to brace them? Any long-term drawbacks to opening up the top mounts?

I've had it done to my car. Check out my thread:

https://clio197.net/posts/722961/

The guy that did it has also done it to another Clio 200 a few years back and there has been no issues with that one. I believe you can get strengthening rings online somewhere to beef it up.

Cool, thanks for that! I tried searching but I guess I was using too specific key words.

So you are only running washers? Any no issues at all?

How did you guys open the holes? Just large diameter cutout wheel or grind?

Cool, thanks for that! I tried searching but I guess I was using too specific key words.

So you are only running washers? Any no issues at all?

How did you guys open the holes? Just large diameter cutout wheel or grind?

Used a hole saw. Mounted a block of wood underneath using the topmount bolt holes to keep the hole saw straight then smoothed out with a grinding bit. Treated the edges with anti rust paint and also with a coat of paint the same colour as the car. No issues so far, had the car at the ring hitting kerbs. Might look into strengthening just to be safe however.

Reactions: Big Ben and bedoef