Engine rebuild

bedoef

Platinum Member
Hi guys, has anyone figured out the life of our engine components? I am curios bc my car sees 4-5 track days a year easily, plus 10k+ street kms with a lot of spirited driving in between. I am closing in on 140k kms on the car and am wondering if there's a benchmark point where I should start planning for things like bearings, rings, valve guides, etc.

I wouldn’t even start to worry about it until you’re burning oil. My mates car is on 130k miles or so. The previous owner used it on track, and the lad before that was a Clio Cup driver. It’s had a tough life, yet still pulled decent power at EFI and doesn’t go through oil.

Think @NickD takes the award for the highest mile track car. Pretty certain his is nearer 200k miles and still on the original gearbox.

Keep on top of your servicing/maintenance, and don’t worry about it until it breaks is my advice.

I wouldn’t even start to worry about it until you’re burning oil. My mates car is on 130k miles or so. The previous owner used it on track, and the lad before that was a Clio Cup driver. It’s had a tough life, yet still pulled decent power at EFI and doesn’t go through oil.

Think @NickD takes the award for the highest mile track car. Pretty certain his is nearer 200k miles and still on the original gearbox.

Keep on top of your servicing/maintenance, and don’t worry about it until it breaks is my advice.

this :thumb:

Ja bru in Aus I’ve read of dudes buying Clio’s with 200-250 000kms on the motor and then using it as a race car. F4r is solid.

Good to know. So just the plastics then like sensors and coil packs and oil changes it is!