Engine Oil

What make do people use ?
im not far off my second service so i thought id buy my oil ready for the guy to use to save me a few quid

I get mine from Renault, blag the service department your not happy with how much its drinking and get MAD discounts. £26 for 5 litres THANKS and thats the top stuff normally £60+ :smiley:

the dealers usually do have engine oil on offer - be cheeky and ask for a "deal" on oil - what do they want a no-sale or a discount sale :wink:

i will do it when i need some

Using YACCO VX1000 5W-40 - 100% synthetic - in France YACCO is perceived as a higher quality brand than even MOTUL, hence the choice. The price is not the lowest though.

Changing oil every 6 - 7 k miles, heard that you should change the oil as often as you can afford to, and took that advice seriously,

I use Silkolene Pro S 5w-40 that i get from Opie oils. Costs me about 60 quid for 5 litres.

Was recommended that brand of someone on this website and it hasnt done me wrong yet.

I too change oil as often as i can afford, around every 3000 miles.

think if your using synthetic engine oil and changing it every few thousand miles your wasting money :roll:

its so good it is made to go longer and provide better protection - modern engines dont dilute engine oil like older engines
do - and petrols dont carbon the oil up like diesels

i will be doing the servicing on mine now its out of warranty in october - be using either renault elf/total or valvoline/similar
synthetic - but only doing 4k miles a year it will be changed every 2 yrs :wink:

Lol your hardly doing any damage by keeping it fresh as a daisy anyway :tongueout:

And when you look after your motors they keep for much longer too

does somebody use elf 5w40?
dealers in russia recommend this oil for 197, but i'm not sure that it's a good choice. maybe i should better use motul 300v or motul specific?
so the same about transmission oil, maybe i should use motul instead of elf.
i think they recommend elf lubricants because of it's cheapness (which is important for such a brand as renault), but the price doesn't really matters to me.
thanks.

kappa75 said:
does somebody use elf 5w40?
dealers in russia recommend this oil for 197, but i'm not sure that it's a good choice. maybe i should better use motul 300v or motul specific?
so the same about transmission oil, maybe i should use motul instead of elf.
i think they recommend elf lubricants because of it's cheapness (which is important for such a brand as renault), but the price doesn't really matters to me.
thanks.

I used ELF 5W40 two times (at 5100km and at 10600km) and then switched to 300V 5W40 (would do it sooner but my supplier didn't have 300V).

Yes, Renault recommends that oil. It's not bad but I prefer Motul 300V.