Engine cut out and won’t start

Flames83

Paid Member
hi all
driven car yesterday it hesitated twice and the cut out, turns over but won’t start .
Check cam belt ok.
Fuel pump is priming.
Sensor by dip stick taken out and cleaned.
Took the tdc sensor out and found this
upload_2018-6-16_16-16-31.jpeg

Do wonder how it has got like this? Do you think this is the fault? I have got one on order.
Also Bloody topical having spent 2 hours polishing it

it upload_2018-6-16_16-20-11.jpeg

something in the bell housing....usually a spring out of the clutch centre plate!

Clutch has broken, bits of metal zooming round in bell housing will do that

I’d be ordering a new clutch kit with slave cylinder and whipping the gearbox off as whatever’s in there will just do the same again, plus clutch will slip as generally it’s the pressure plates springs that disintegrate and do that

Reactions: Flames83
I will be
Clutch has broken, bits of metal zooming round in bell housing will do that

I’d be ordering a new clutch kit with slave cylinder and whipping the gearbox off as whatever’s in there will just do the same again, plus clutch will slip as generally it’s the pressure plates springs that disintegrate and do that

Iv got some holiday in aug so will be doing clutch then. Any advice where to get clutch kit? And is the flywheel solid on there’s or is that something that should be replaced as well?

I will be

Iv got some holiday in aug so will be doing clutch then. Any advice where to get clutch kit? And is the flywheel solid on there’s or is that something that should be replaced as well?
I think you’ll find you’ll be doing it before then as your clutch will be uneven pressure and the bits will destroy a second sensor once it come loose again

Hi I’ve had similar problem today at snetterton car was running great was doing cool down lap and engine cut out said on dash Cheack esp pulled onto grass and got towed to pits cheacked all fuse ect all fine put diagnostics tool on no comms with engine ecu and fuel pump don’t prime changed engine fuse box from a Freind still the same oil water temps fine just cut out any ideas please ignition comes on but won’t turn

Managed to find it blown fuse in engine bay
4 th one along bottom

Attachments

• 39BDDDFC-C44D-49F9-B90B-D8FFFC5A6E0C.jpeg
    39BDDDFC-C44D-49F9-B90B-D8FFFC5A6E0C.jpeg
    622.9 KB · Views: 20
Reactions: Sean197
could be the heat shield on the starter motor live terminal causing this it's happened to a few of use after replacing the manifold you get the message steering unlocked on the info display when pushing the start button.

could be the heat shield on the starter motor live terminal causing this it's happened to a few of use after replacing the manifold you get the message steering unlocked on the info display when pushing the start button.
That’s a thought thanks I just had new manifold fitted thanks for letting me know I’ll get it looked at