Eila spoiler removal hard ?

Joec1996

Gold Member
Does anyone know how hard it is too remove the Elia clio RS spoiler? And any tips on how I could get the glue/sealant off that holds the spoiler on thanks. 16874B90-0644-4BE4-A929-63B5D70D408C.jpeg:think:

Firstly make sure its not bolted on (obvious i know). Then, use thin string or even fishing wire covered in something like nail varnish remover (it's unlikely you'll get away with not damaging the paintwork anyway), pulling upwards while working in a sawing motion.
Oh, and you'll get a few quid for the spoiler once off as they're quite sought-after.

Reactions: suj and Joec1996
Cheers for reply Sean, yeah I can’t see it’s bolted on I will have a proper look on my day off but thank you for the help will give that a go if I damage the paint work just have too get it resprayed :smile: then I can get the cup spoiler all sorted

Reactions: Sean197
Like Sean said, also use a hairdryer or heatgun to heat it up (do NOT keep it 1 area long, or you'll damage it) then get dental floss or fishing wire behind and it will cut through it.

Once off and the residue is on the car, you can either heat it up and use the wire to get behind it, use a thing called a "toffee wheel" or "caramel wheel" they attach to drills and will remove the residue without damaging the paint.

Any extra bits that it couldn't get off, you can use tar remover.

Last edited:
hello suj thanks for the reply, okay mate sounds relatively okay too do I will have too look about for that drill toffee wheel/caramel wheel attachment other than that I have the other items for use too get the spoiler off hopefully lol thank you for the help too I appreciate it :thumb:

Reactions: suj
hello suj thanks for the reply, okay mate sounds relatively okay too do I will have too look about for that drill toffee wheel/caramel wheel attachment other than that I have the other items for use too get the spoiler off hopefully lol thank you for the help too I appreciate it :thumb:

No problem, they're on Amazon Prime for next day delivery for about £10 just search "toffee wheel", a good thing to have, it's very useful, good luck with it

No problem, they're on Amazon Prime for next day delivery for about £10 just search "toffee wheel", a good thing to have, it's very useful, good luck with it
Awesome, I’ve just had a look on Amazon the PowerTec Stripe off disc looks good and good value for the price, thank you suj have a good rest of your night mate.

Reactions: suj
Would it not be easier just to swap boot lids? There's always people who would be happy to do so with cash your way.

Reactions: Joec1996
Would it not be easier just to swap boot lids? There's always people who would be happy to do so with cash your way.

That’s a good point to be fair I only wanted too get rid of this spoiler purely as I was going too order from ktec the rs side skirts and front rs splitter I thought this spoiler would look weird with the front splitter and side skirts being put on the car with not the rs spoiler

That’s a good point to be fair I only wanted too get rid of this spoiler purely as I was going too order from ktec the rs side skirts and front rs splitter I thought this spoiler would look weird with the front splitter and side skirts being put on the car with not the rs spoiler

I'd personally wait until you've got the kit fitted as you may end up liking it. The only car I can think of with the RS kit + sprint spoiler is @Big Ben's 197 which looks ace.

I'd personally wait until you've got the kit fitted as you may end up liking it. The only car I can think of with the RS kit + sprint spoiler is @Big Ben's 197 which looks ace.
Yeah I had a look at his profile posts does look lovely his car I just couldn’t see loads of pictures I’m still newish too this clio forum still getting use too it lol