Eibach Pro-Kit

I wanted to lower my car on H&R springs. But having trouble getting them here.

The other, easier option is Eibach Pro-kit.
Lowers the front by 20mm and the rear by 25mm.

Anybody have any experience with these or a photo or two?

I wanted to lower my car on H&R springs. But having trouble getting them here.

The other, easier option is Eibach Pro-kit.
Lowers the front by 20mm and the rear by 25mm.

Anybody have any experience with these or a photo or two?

I have them. They're great, although not so low as the H&R.

This is an old picture, it looks even lower with the 17mm spacers.

01012009346.gif

Oh, and here's a great one:

Left: Stock
Middle: Eibach
Right: Eibach + 20mm spacers

18042009051.gif

Last edited:
Awesome pics, nice comparision too!
It looks lower, but not over-done.
How is the ride? Would you say the handling is improved?

I see in your signature you have 17mm spacers. Do you have a pic of the actual spacer?

Rap, is your car in the second pic with or without spacers?
How do you feel the ride now?
Is the eibach which you have stiffer than the one on R27?

Rap, is your car in the second pic with or without spacers?
How do you feel the ride now?
Is the eibach which you have stiffer than the one on R27?

The pictures are without spacers.

Handling is now much better, and with the spacers it has become even better - I can pass some curves/turns 5-10km/h faster than before the spacers, and 10-15km/h more than before the Eibachs.

I would say - if you have a chance - go for the cup/R27 suspension - a better solution than this. Car is now about 20% stiffer than before.

Really, a great investment!

The pictures are without spacers.

Handling is now much better, and with the spacers it has become even better - I can pass some curves/turns 5-10km/h faster than before the spacers, and 10-15km/h more than before the Eibachs.

I would say - if you have a chance - go for the cup/R27 suspension - a better solution than this. Car is now about 20% stiffer than before.

Really, a great investment!

I already have R27, in this case it would much worth it to get a full setup even from KW or H&R, isn't it?

I already have R27, in this case it would much worth it to get a full setup even from KW or H&R, isn't it?

NO. If you get a KW V3 coilovers it would make a HUGE difference! Maminja had it on his R27 (he has sold his car) and it worked like a charm!

P.S. Prior to the KW setup he has mounted Eibach springs on the R27 suspension - FAIL. Don't do it.

NO. If you get a KW V3 coilovers it would make a HUGE difference! Maminja had it on his R27 (he has sold his car) and it worked like a charm!

P.S. Prior to the KW setup he has mounted Eibach springs on the R27 suspension - FAIL. Don't do it.

Thats what I was to find out!!

May I ask you one more thing plz, I know I ask too much :@!

How would each of KW V1 and H&R compare to the original setup on R27?

You already explained to me about KW V3 :thumbup1:

Thats what I was to find out!!

May I ask you one more thing plz, I know I ask too much :@!

How would each of KW V1 and H&R compare to the original setup on R27?

You already explained to me about KW V3 :thumbup1:

I'm not keen of giving advices based upon my reading, only my experience but I THINK (I don't KNOW) that KW would be better than H&R, and in that I'm pretty sure.

Don't install aftermarket springs on the R27 suspension - they work great on "stock" 197, but they're not so good on the cup suspension.

If you can, go for the KW V3, and if that's out of your reach, go for V1, at least you can nail it to the floor, and I don't think they are any worse than cup suspension - can be only better.

I think that a few ppl on this forum have/had KW V1?

I'm not keen of giving advices based upon my reading, only my experience but I THINK (I don't KNOW) that KW would be better than H&R, and in that I'm pretty sure.

Don't install aftermarket springs on the R27 suspension - they work great on "stock" 197, but they're not so good on the cup suspension.

If you can, go for the KW V3, and if that's out of your reach, go for V1, at least you can nail it to the floor, and I don't think they are any worse than cup suspension - can be only better.

I think that a few ppl on this forum have/had KW V1?

Thanks mate, got the pic... :thumbup1:

I fitted these springs for about 10 minutes before feeling bad for cheaping out and fitted KWs coilovers.

But on the short time they were on i was impressed, always have been with Eibach springs. Excellent quality.

Not too low that they'll upset the wheel alignment and abit stiffer to keep the body roll in check.

Treat yourself :wink:

Edit: I was highly advised but my local tuner garage to avoid spacers if your main priority is performance.

Wouldn't fit springs if it's more performance your aiming for. Dunno how to say it right but when you lower your car on std shocks the "area" in which the shocks were designed to operate is reduced and they don't function that well anymore when you hit bumps on the road.

Probably you already saw some nice/lowered cars that were just bouncing on bumpy roads....well that's not good :tongueout:

Second thing is that the shocks wear-out quicker when lowering your car with the springs.

Probably Raptor wrote that he couldn't image R27 lowered with only the springs cause the ride would sure be bumpy cause the Cup shocks are even stiffer than the std ones and the car is already 7mm lower iirc

Sure if the road is nice, flat and without any bumps the car will corner much nicer due to the lower center of gravity, less body-roll,..etc. If the roads are like that then there isn't such a big problem and I'd go for the Eibachs since they are progressive and the ride is smooth when you cruise along and stiffer if you're hammering it. But if you have ****ed up roads like we do have here then the only upgrade if you want the car to look lower and don't wanna compromise the handling is to buy coilovers which are designed to funtion right with the lower car stance - bump and rebound set like on the V1 or even better like with the V3's which you can alter the bump/rebound to get the most of the car on your type of roads.

It's all about the settings of the shock/spring combo (fast/slow bump/rebound etc.) so the tyre is as long as it can be in contact with the road. The more it is the more grip you have. If you hit a bump in the middle of the corner and the car is too stiff it'll simply bounce of it and for that fraction of time you'll lose some grip.

I'll probably go for the V1 in the future :thumbup1:

Found this on a forum full of petrolheads :tongueout:

If you dont like that standard suspension then lowering on the same shocks will make it alot worse...

Rubbish quote, my old 1.4 clio with standard setup was soft and soggy on the corners, terrible!

After a set of harder springs it was like driving a totally different car.

Rubbish quote, my old 1.4 clio with standard setup was soft and soggy on the corners, terrible!

After a set of harder springs it was like driving a totally different car.

Mnja....this wasn't ment if your doing it to a xy normal car but for a factory sports one :glare:

You gotta remember the suspension on the 197 is very good out the box.

If you merely would prefere it lower and abit stiffer then springs would be an ideal choice.

You gotta remember the suspension on the 197 is very good out the box.

If you merely would prefere it lower and abit stiffer then springs would be an ideal choice.

Yeah but not for bumpy roads & if you don't wanna lose a bit of handling :biggrin:

Last edited:
Wouldn't fit springs if it's more performance your aiming for. Dunno how to say it right but when you lower your car on std shocks the "area" in which the shocks were designed to operate is reduced and they don't function that well anymore when you hit bumps on the road.

Probably you already saw some nice/lowered cars that were just bouncing on bumpy roads....well that's not good :tongueout:

Second thing is that the shocks wear-out quicker when lowering your car with the springs.

Probably Raptor wrote that he couldn't image R27 lowered with only the springs cause the ride would sure be bumpy cause the Cup shocks are even stiffer than the std ones and the car is already 7mm lower iirc

Sure if the road is nice, flat and without any bumps the car will corner much nicer due to the lower center of gravity, less body-roll,..etc. If the roads are like that then there isn't such a big problem and I'd go for the Eibachs since they are progressive and the ride is smooth when you cruise along and stiffer if you're hammering it. But if you have ****ed up roads like we do have here then the only upgrade if you want the car to look lower and don't wanna compromise the handling is to buy coilovers which are designed to funtion right with the lower car stance - bump and rebound set like on the V1 or even better like with the V3's which you can alter the bump/rebound to get the most of the car on your type of roads.

It's all about the settings of the shock/spring combo (fast/slow bump/rebound etc.) so the tyre is as long as it can be in contact with the road. The more it is the more grip you have. If you hit a bump in the middle of the corner and the car is too stiff it'll simply bounce of it and for that fraction of time you'll lose some grip.

I'll probably go for the V1 in the future :thumbup1:

Found this on a forum full of petrolheads :tongueout:

I agree with everything that Ozi has wrote. Especially with the bold part - R27 is already stiffer than the regular 197, and with the Eibach it becomes even stiffer and that is not good when pushing hard on the public roads that have bumps and holes.

And if you want further proof - Maminja did it on his R27 ( Cup suspension & Eibach ) and immediately went for the KW V3.

i have them on mine, for the money they are great, it is a little bumpy on country roads i must admit, when i can afford it im going for coils for sure. but like i said for the money they are great. pretty stiff and not to low.

Does anyone know how would KW V1 be compared to cup suspension on R27?
Are they 25% stiffer or more?

As far i know, RS200 Cup already got 25% stiffer suspension than R27