Eibach Pro for Non-Cup chassis 200 - The Answer!

Micah

Founder of Team Clique
I've read quite a bit on here so have held my tongue so as not to get flamed for asking the same old questions, but not sure if I can actually find the answer to my question. I have a non-Cup chassis 200 and would like it to sit lower. Question is - can I use these on my existing dampers?
If anyone has any better ideas as to lowering my 200 without too harsh a ride, please let me know!

Last edited:
I've read quite a bit on here so have held my tongue so as not to get flamed for asking the same old questions, but not sure if I can actually find the answer to my question. I have a non-Cup chassis 200 and would like it to sit lower. Question is - can I use these on my existing dampers?
If anyone has any better ideas as to lowering my 200 without too harsh a ride, please let me know!

I'd probably be in the same boat. Non-cup 200 owner and more than happy with ride / handling.

Could do without sitting higher than the many tractors on the roads here in Suffolk though............:smiley:

Don't hold back on asking questions for fear of being flamed. No one will get flamed for asking for help with something - the worse you'll get is a mildly impatient reply with a link to an old thread :wink: :smiley: so please feel free to ask questions :smile:

OT I don't see why they wouldn't fit, unless it states that it is for the Cup models only. Your best bet is to message the seller to make doubly sure, unless you've already done that :smile:

Contact cooksport! :smile:

they know what to do + they can offer you springs too! :smile:

And I know for a fact that these springs are perfect, give you the right balance in the car + 5 years warranty on breaking! :smile:

Like Jimmy said... ask ANYthing :smile:

Cheers peeps - I will try CookSport, hadn't realised they were part of BTCC and the Clio Cup. Good lads!

Ive got eibach pro kit on my non-cup 197, not sure if 197/200 has the same standard dampers etc. In my case anyway they are great, handling massively improved and ride quality good. They are apparently a massive bitch to fit on the front however.

Eibach pro kit should be the same for non cup 197 and 200 models so long as yours is pre 2010, I believe the dampers changed at this year, if your close to the cross over then check first as some of the slightly earlier 200's came with the later dampers if I read correctly.

That looks expensive for a kit though, I picked up a kit from eBay direct from a seller in Germany for £127.50 (best offer) delivered and had them within a week.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131700903260

Thanks Mike - I should have added that mine is a late 2011 model.

All I needed to do was message Eibach - see attached. V happy now!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 68
Reactions: Dystant
[MENTION=54177]coendek[/MENTION] Yes - Eibach confirmed that they were compatible and were developed with the standard damper. I almost ditched the idea having considered buying the cup dampers also, but it wouldn't have been far off the cost of some Bilstein B14's.
£160 + £40 labour was a more cost-effective solution.
If Eibach are wrong, I'd be interested to know your thoughts on the adverse effects of the spring/damper combination?

Last edited:
Don't worry about being flamed, this isn't cliosport.net .

I find my front end is too rolley on non cup spec, I'm considering blistein at the moment to remedy that. The front end just dips a bit too much for my liking.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Don't worry about being flamed, this isn't cliosport.net .

I find my front end is too rolley on non cup spec, I'm considering blistein at the moment to remedy that. The front end just dips a bit too much for my liking.

What springs are you currently using?

Ok - so i'm considering Eibach Springs too. Like tonight. lol Especially seeing as they were supposedly designed for the non-Cup 200 dampers.

Mine was registered on 06 / 10 / 2010. Does this mean it will DEFFO be a later top-mount design ? (That date is around the transition period isnt it ?)

Even if i look - i've got nothing else to compare against.

WHAT IS THE SURE-FIRE TO WAY TO KNOW I'M ORDERING THE RIGHT PARTS ??

Ok - so i'm considering Eibach Springs too. Like tonight. lol Especially seeing as they were supposedly designed for the non-Cup 200 dampers.

Mine was registered on 06 / 10 / 2010. Does this mean it will DEFFO be a later top-mount design ? (That date is around the transition period isnt it ?)

Even if i look - i've got nothing else to compare against.

WHAT IS THE SURE-FIRE TO WAY TO KNOW I'M ORDERING THE RIGHT PARTS ??
I think and I might be wrong the late ones have a different top mounts that requires a plastic cover?