ECU Remap

bm147

Paid Member
Hi guys,

Does anyone know where i can get Remapping software for the 197, i have been told that nearly all the software used is open source but i cant seem to find anything.

Any help appreciated!

Bob

Basically looking for a little unit to sit in the car with different settings on so i can switch between settings...

Do K-Tec remaps encoorperate modifications or is it a straight remap for the standard engine? Im wanting to get mine remapped specifically for the modifications ive done so it will run as best as it can.

Might have to try angel works over Bedford way as ive heard good things about them.

k-tec dont have a rolling road so in theory cannot custom map your car

rs tuning do have a rr and can do custom maps to your mods.....but beware as kevo has had issues with it "keeping" the settings - perhaps
he could comment :biggrin:

Indeed SI, I still dont know fully what the issue was but it was a big issue!! My car is on the new ECU today and was that rich its covering the dyno cell with black shite!!

I think it was due to the cams TBH!

So Kev, where do you suggest I get a custome remap done? Any ideas? Also, how much were the cams and where did you get them fitted?

So Kev, where do you suggest I get a custome remap done? Any ideas? Also, how much were the cams and where did you get them fitted?

mikey I had to fit a whole new ECU to get it to run properly on the cams so unless you wanna spend big ££ mate just stick to maps etc...

Where you from? The guy doing all my work is amazing!

Northampton area although willing to travel. Looks like ill be going to Oulton park pretty soon to get one of those half cages, you got his details to see whether he could oblige?

Nice one mate, will be getting one next month hopefully. As for details, dont worry mate. Going to ring angel works up the road from me today.

Its worth mentioning if theres an AmD tuning near you mikey they mapped my car and it retained its map settings, they defo know how to use the std ECU.

Just so its clear in my head..

The RStuner is a box of tricks which lets you remap the std ECU by yourself (or get someone that knows what they're doing to do it)??

The Ktec remap is a one time map copied onto the std ECU? ?

Or is this totally wrong?

Surely the Ktec one isnt as good because of the slight differences in each engine?

how much is the RS tuner remap?? I'd be looking for a bit more midrange preferably

Its worth mentioning if theres an AmD tuning near you mikey they mapped my car and it retained its map settings, they defo know how to use the std ECU.

Cheers Ben, will have to give them a quick call and see what they say. Might be whoever is cheaper if im honest.