EBC RPX

Jams

Paid Member
Anyone got any experience with EBC RPX pads?

EBC Brake Pads - Renault Clio Mk3 RS 197 / 200 (kamracing.co.uk)

Looking to replace my ferodo DS1.11 in the front and was just going to replace like for like. Read a few good things about them but no experience of anyone using them on a Clio. Thought about CL RC6 but sometimes the car is stored outside for extended periods with no use and with them being metallic I think they'll degrade with the weather. Just to note the car is a dedicated track car and doesn't see the road.

Cheers

Not a Clio but …

We use them on our Megane 2 track car running Meg 250 calipers and Godspeed 355 disks. Below is what Chris thought after Timeattack 2022 at Donington

“One thing I’ll add - I wouldn’t say I’ve ever been overly confident with the brakes, even trying different pads (best so far being RST3) but this new set up really gives me confidence to brake later and harder. The EBC Brakes Racing RP-X pads are mega coupled with the new Brakes by Godspeed discs“

Cheers for the reply! I've decided to go with the RP1 compound. Half the price of ferodo ds1.11 and supposed to be just as good. Apparently the RPX is harsh on discs similar to the CL's more of a race pad. Give these and go and see where we get to.

Cheers for sharing your experience

RPX is harsh on disks and wheel finishes, as I sadly found out with my 2 month old Autecs...

But the performance is insane, for the money the performance is absolutely bonkers. Will be trying RP1 myself later this week.

Will be interesting to see what you think of them. I'll be trying them at cadwell at the beginning of April

Hoping the RP1's are a nice middle ground. I have Blue Stuff NDX at the moment and they give me zero faith I'll stop in time. I'd run RPX again but they are a bit silly for a car used mainly on the road.

Ahh ye RPX would be overkill for the road! Mines a dedicated track car and doesn't get used on the road. I just don't fancy eating discs when it's only doing trackdays but I'm not chasing lap times within reason

Similar Thread Suggestions