Dutchman with a problem

Hello,

My name is Rene and I have a problem;

I tend to "get into things", be it bikes, cars, girls, etc, and all these things usually spin painfully out of control.

My newly aquired Clio 200 will likely follow the same patern.

I got it for well cheap (this is also a recurring theme) after it was repaired from a minor bump.

Late-2010 car, imported from God-knows-where with about 125k miles on the clock.

First electrical gremlins already made themselves know, with the oilpressuresensor making damn sure I was paying attention.

Engine didn't eat itself, so sensor and/or loom has been blamed and have the new parts coming in tomorrow.

Spare wheels also on the way for winterduties, probably getting those coated in white and redo the wheels on the car in black but properly.

Plan; Not let it spin out of control...

Get another set of wheels for Ring-tyres, go though the suspension to see what's done and needs doing, remove backseat and fit cage. Exhaust, maybe?

Yellow headlights, like a proper frog-car and just hope the engine doesn't bomb itself too soon.

Happy to learn from your collective knowledge and share my mishaps for your entertainment.

1640799423910.png

1640799445086.png

Reactions: Sean197 and DS197
I’ve got a few records. Belt was done in 2019 so that should have some life left in it.

I’ll run it through winter and see what comes up as jobs that need doing.

Belts done, service done. Now running it till MOT in March to see what comes up.

Spare set of wheels with wintertyres sorted (I live in the sticks) and now just gonna run it till MOT-time in March.

Looking at spacers to fill the arches a bit; what size bolts do our cars run?

Belts done, service done. Now running it till MOT in March to see what comes up.

Spare set of wheels with wintertyres sorted (I live in the sticks) and now just gonna run it till MOT-time in March.

Looking at spacers to fill the arches a bit; what size bolts do our cars run?

19mm spacer if you would to consider

25mm bolts size as I recall

Reactions: Rene EFE