Drivers headrest - Rattle!

I was speaking to Harpham during yesturdays detail and we were talking about "querks" comparing both our 200 cups. What we both had in common however was the headrest rattling when going over bumps. Drivers side only.

I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this on the Standard seats whereby it sounds like the Headrests metal prongs rattle inside the seat when going over uneven surfaces?

If so what has been done to correct it?

On an unrelated note we found that:
My bumper/bonnet lineup has a bigger gap by the passenger side headlight, his drivers side headlight is bigger. My passenger side door has a finger width gap around the top where it meets the roof seal ontop, his drivers side door has this instead of his passenger side which is fine. Same faults only in reverse lol.

Renault quality i salute you :jase:

Mi e had a rattle in the passenger head rest, a good hit stopped it for a while.
Or moving the headrest up 1 click can stop it too.

Doors are prone to dropping on the hinges.

Adjusting the doors is a right faff, you need to take the front wing off, which means removing the arch liners and front bumper. Not a fun job!

No its deffinately coming from the seat. Im going to try removing the headrest entirely next time i go for a drive to confirm if the noise stops or not as who knows, it could be something else in the seat i suppose.

Yes its surely coming from the headrests.
I removed them and drove, and there was no rattle.

If you push the shaft of the headrest entirely into the seatback, it will stop rattling.

step by step pics

Push the shaft entirely into the holes using a screwdriver to unlock.
clioheadrest04.jpg
clioheadrest05.jpg

Then pull the headrest up until your position
clioheadrest06.jpg

Nice thread bump to confirm that this works wonders! Had the most annoying rattle coming from the passenger headrest on my 200 and this has fixed it, very grateful for this thread.

Word of warning though, if you have the leather seats, the base of the prongs will stick into the very thin leather on the back of the seat so make sure the headrest is raised enough so that it's not poking out the back.

Just found this site. I have a brand new Renault Clio Dynamique and have the same problem with a rattle from passenger seat. Will remove headrest tomorrow and see what happens. If the problem is fixed you would have thought that Renault should have sorted this long ago.

Adjusting the doors is a right faff, you need to take the front wing off, which means removing the arch liners and front bumper. Not a fun job!
Or just do it how renault and most car manufacturers do if it’s a gnats cock out, literally bend the hinges, only need to move a mm for a 4mm drop at the rear