Driver window not working

Hi guys,

Sorry if this is the wrong section.

Went to put the driver window down this morning and nothing happened.

When i press the button it sounds like its trying to do something but nothing happens, no movement at all.

I will try later by getting someone to press the button while i hold the glass and try push down gently. I have wind deflectors and am wondering is it tight at the top for some reason.

* must note: a while ago it was acting up and not responding when i pressed the button but after a few presses it worked and never had any issue since (until now).

Any similar issues about before i start messing with it?

Cheers,
Ross

Just had this and before you spend any money - do the following:

Mine was the electric plug on the window motor. Take door card off, cut the plastic liner and release the motor plug - spray connections with WD and replug.

Hopefully it will work again :wink:

@Roshi69

Last edited:

Mine was the electric plug on the window motor. Take door card off, cut the plastic liner and release the motor plug - spray connections with WD and replug.

@Roshi69

Good man I'll give that a shot tomorrow. I've had the door card off before so shouldn't be a problem.

It is very strange, I was also tapping the button while lightly thumping the top of the window and it went down a tiny bit. I got scared and put it straight back up, I'd rather it was stuck shut than open [emoji23]

Must note that I have wind deflectors on too which made me think it was tight when fully shut and won't open.

@Roshi69

You my friend are an absolute star!

Worked perfectly. Job done in about 30mins and absolutely free!

Thanks so much!

This will save me the embarrassment of forgetting about the broken window and rolling up to Starbucks drive through like a moron and having to get out and stand (sort of defeating the purpose of the drive through) [emoji23]

That is great news matey. I was only thinking the other day if you had sorted it.

And so glad to help - that's the beauty of these forums.

All the best pal.

Reactions: Roshi69
Maybe worth a sticky in technical help?

Do you do stickys? Lol

@sevenfourate

Cheers Paul.

I cant quite manage to do it.....

@Jimmy ?

***I can edit the "How to's" and can add in a new topic (ie: This) with a link. But i cant see how to change the link from the direct URL, to a 'custom' highlighted text (ie: "Drivers window - motor repair").

Can you do this - or better still walk me through it in a PM please ?

Cheers buddy.

Reactions: Mossy