Drive By Wire throttle pedal

Onrus

Paid Member
Hey guys,

I need to replace my DBW throttle pedal, is this a quick job? I’ve had a look and it looks like it’s just 3 torx bolts and then unclip the wires and it’s off. Is it that easy?

Thanks Suj. I just wanted confirmation before starting the job and getting stuck half way through. How long do the pedals usually last?

PS they're nuts not torx just so you know.

I didn't think the pedals really fail, it's normally the throttle body that fails.
What makes you think it's the pedal?

Must you remove the bracket from the firewall or just the pedal from the mounting bracket?
I’ve got and injector fault come up and the Renault computer says dbw fault

3 nuts and it slides to the right (towards drivers door).

It will most likely be the plug coming loose / bent contract pins or the throttle body.

So check them first before you spend money on a new throttle mate.

Ok sweet. I’m getting a 2nd hand dbw pedal for $50 so if it’s not that will put into spares. Clio 3 parts are hard to come by in Aus.

Reactions: suj
What would it feel like if the TB is not working properly? I’m get this weird back and forth feeling at 3000-3500rpm but only feel it some times. I feel it through the throttle pedal

I've luckily not had it on the Clio, but on other cars it's either a really bad delay or say pressing 50% throttle and getting like only 10% throttle.

I posted in the How To Guides area how to clean the throttle body, it's really easy and would be the best first thing to try.

Mine would go into a limp mode. Wouldn’t accelerate until I turned it on and off.
Also did some strange things when coming to a stop, where it would idle really high.

It’s been fine since I replaced the throttle body though.

Reactions: suj
Thanks for that. Any other weird things happen? My car has been struggling to start for the last 10 days. When I start if I don’t push the throttle in the car will idle at 300rpm and be like it wants to die so I rev it up to 2k and then it settles at 1k and is fine, any thoughts?

Also once warm it feels normal and strong, unless I get a error which I didn’t get today but I sent it a few times and all good

I certainly didn’t get anything like that.

I had no error codes until the car went into limp either. Maybe yours is indeed the pedal