Drawn a blank on suspension rattle

I know this has been covered many times but I'm running out of options!

Car rattles only when turning slightly right and over rough Tarmac usually at speeds under 30 mph.Ok left,straight ahead and full lock (both ways).

A similar knock occurs when manoevering right and the revs drop to near stalling (that sounds more like exhaust)

Clio has now been in to three independent garages and virtually everything has been checked and none could identify the rattle .

Top mounts ,all various ball joints and exhaust mountings have been ok'd.

I notice that when I shove the near side wheel I can hear and feel a slight clunk but none on the off.

None of the garages seemed to have noticed anything untoward.

Perhaps their investigations should take place when the full weight of the car is fully on the ground (ramp) and not with the suspension unsupported.

Perhaps there are two sources of a similar sound but I'm really running out of options.

I have a knock that occurs in a similar way to yours: when turning left for me, on rough ground. I have had it inspected and nothing flagged up, however I'm asking a mechanic friend to have a drive of it and see what he thinks. I will report back, as perhaps we're experiencing the same thing....

Try a new engine mount (probably dog bone) or maybe a wishbone bush, but that should be easy to spot if it's been into a garage.

Similar Thread Suggestions