Door Buttons Stopped??

Makaveli160

Paid Member
As above buttons for the keyless on the doors have stopped working.

Whats the common problem areas with these, the sensor or the handle or?

Did the simple thing and changed the batteries, no joy.

Remote still works.

Thanks

Don't use them with your mobile phone close or in car....messes up frequency of remote and they won't work

Odd for both to stop working, but it is quite common for the drivers side to fail, assuming it is the (lock) button that isn't working rather than the (unlock) sensor then it is a relatively straightforward, if awkward job to replace the complete handle assembly.

Yeah ive noticed when i have my phone in the same pocket as the card it wont start sometimes until i move it.

The passenger side has always been abit hit and miss but the drivers always works, but now neither for some reason.

Then again will probably work tomorrow lol

The sensor to unlock seems fine, jus the button to lock. How much roughly am i looking at for a couple of new handles if the problem persists, £70ish?

Yeah ive noticed when i have my phone in the same pocket as the card it wont start sometimes until i move it.

The passenger side has always been abit hit and miss but the drivers always works, but now neither for some reason.

Then again will probably work tomorrow lol

The sensor to unlock seems fine, jus the button to lock. How much roughly am i looking at for a couple of new handles if the problem persists, £70ish?
give TwingoGeeko PM he will sort you a price:wink:

You can buy just the lock buttons that fit inside the handles now, have been able to for a while and that will save you money rather than buying new handles. Easy to fit too

You can buy just the lock buttons that fit inside the handles now, have been able to for a while and that will save you money rather than buying new handles. Easy to fit too

any further info on this? how much are they and how do you fit them? My lock button on drivers side was working without any problems up until the other day - now it works sometimes and normally only after a few attempts! thanks

thats for megane as far as i know....197 handles are different