Does anyone know what this is?

Makaveli160

Paid Member
Sorry if this sounds pretty stupid but i dont know so thought id ask.

I am looking to remove my ITG Maxogen, and it would make it much easier if i could unplug this wire, but im not sure what it is.

Bad picture as i cant circle what i am talking about as i cant upload a picture at work.

In the picture of the engine bay in the link below i am wanting to know if i am ok unplugging the wire at the top of the engine, that is next to the throttle body, that has a tiny dot of pastel green paint on it, with a tiny bit of yellow below the green dot.

Hopefuly this makes sense?

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=cl...01&start=20&ndsp=12&ved=1t:429,r:20,s:0,i:148

thats not a wire its a vacuum pipe by the looks of, maybe for the brake master cylinder. will be ok to unplug just make sure you pump the brakes on tick over when put back together. follow it see where it goes to

The other end of it looks to go towards the bulkhead, and is then hidden behind the black (heat fabric?) partitioning the engine bay from the interior.

So i didnt know whether it went into the cabin, towards the intrument panel or something??

Would you suggest d/c the battery if i am going to unplug this briefly twice (once to take the ITG out then again to put it back in)

i will post a better picture with it circled as others may find it easier to see what i mean that way.

Thanks

Clean that engine bay, its minging :wink:

not my car mate, just got it from google images.

@smoggy mark - i know i dont need to unplug this but its the easier option as some donut who installed on the car before i bought it, has put the induction hose joining the TB under this vacuum hose.

So instead of removing the battery etc, all i have to do is unplug this, unbolt 2 bolts that hold a piece of metal on the back of the battery surround, im assuming installed by k-tec to hold the maxogen in place, undo the jubilee clips and it will come through the gap without removing the battery or the surround.

Thanks for the help