Do you know the previous owner?

Hi all,
Looking to purchase this clio later this month and wondered if the previous owner might be on this forum? Or if anyone can point me to any threads with the car in them it would be hugely appreciated. It’s a clio Rs 200 in liquid yellow with the plate of “NA62YBH”. Here is the for sale listing. https://www.tpmotorsales.co.uk/used/cars/renault-clio-renaultsport-3-door-10385/
It has had the recaros fitted by the previous owner and a pair of….interesting rear lights but that’s about all I know about it sadly. Any help would be hugely appreciated!
Cheers,
Kyle

I dont think Clio 200's had white dials they were normally yellow and white dials were on Gordinis and mybe other limited editions thats all I can say.

Oh yea? I’m still learning all the little bits about these cars as it will actually be the first French car I’ve owned so if things don’t quite add up please say!

It also has a Sprint Spoiler, wind deflectors and what looks like an RS Gearknob (there were replicas, but it looks genuine).

Rs gearknob? Did they not come on the Rs as standard? Odd. Thanks for all the replies guys! Does it seem like a reasonable price for that car and mileage? From what I can see it’s the only liquid yellow Rs200 for sale at the moment and it does only have 70k on the clock. Or should I wait for another to pop up? I have to say I am rather fond of the liquid yellow but I was also unsure about getting a non cup spec’d car as these seem to be the ones to go for.

All cars came with the standard gear knob, not sure if the RS one was an optional extra but it was certainly available for purchase separately.

The price seems ok considering it’s got reactors but it’s worth checking out the RS197 page to see what other LYs are selling for. Well specced LYs don’t pop up that often and it also depends on what direction you want to go with the car; OEM, OEM+ or modified.

Cup shocks and springs can be retrofitted and are relatively cheap brand new.

As DS said, it came with a fake leather covered one, but RS knobs were bought (again I am not sure if it was optional from factory or if it was bought from dealers afterwards).

I would want to check who did the cambelt (as many normal garages try to do them and mess up timing), I would check that it is actuall FSH as many say this then when you go through there are years missing.

Cup pack consisted on 200s of stiffer springs and dampers, red calipers and a quicker rack, most people don't like the dampers and springs as they're too stiff so go for stuff like Bilstein B14s or other coilovers, then you can just retrofit the rack when your one dies.

I’m sure the dials changed in 2011 & 2012 mine has white dials and it’s a 62plate.

the RS gearknob wasn’t an option originally from factory but was available from the dealers, when I bought mine it had the paperwork of the knob by the dealer

Reactions: suj
I will probably see how it is for a while but my normal route would be oem+ eventually. When you say the “Rs197 page” do you mean the classifieds on this forum or another website entirely? Sorry if that’s a stupid question.

What garages would be classed as reputable clio garages for the cam belt? I’ll enquire today to see where it was done. Thanks guys

I will probably see how it is for a while but my normal route would be oem+ eventually. When you say the “Rs197 page” do you mean the classifieds on this forum or another website entirely? Sorry if that’s a stupid question.

What garages would be classed as reputable clio garages for the cam belt? I’ll enquire today to see where it was done. Thanks guys

He meant the facebook pages, some examples:

It'll be easier to find out who did the cambelt as we don't know where the car is / where you are, there are plenty around the country.

So this was the outcome. I’m not sure if they just wanted to blow me off or what.

“Good afternoon Kyle…
We have just had a report back from the garage and unfortunately the subframe is beyond repair so we have no choice but to trade the car.. Really sorry about this Kyle..

We will sort the refund out for you ASAP..

Regards
TP Motor Sales”

Tell them they can buy a new subframe for £190 from BTT Motorsport

Tell them it's a common rust problem that Renault can change under warranty if less than 12 years old (most are beyond this, why it's easier to just buy one).