diffusers...

From memory...

Four screws underneath, HEX heads.

Four screws underneath, Phillips heads.

And then they just click into the bumper like how a wing-mirror back clicks on.

I may not be 100% right on the number of screws, it's a while since I last took mine off...

Our 197 diffuser has fitting kit, our 200 diffuser retains complete clip system as per OEM

Cheers

Chris

Our 197 diffuser has fitting kit, our 200 diffuser retains complete clip system as per OEM

Cheers

Chris

whys that then bic,other than the obvious cosmetics i thought they where identical as a 200 diffuser fits a 197,whats the price on yr 197 version mate,was hoping it may have come down a tad what with 2 other members now starting to produce them:tongue_smilie::tongue_smilie:

Last edited:
£800!?! dear me :blush:

isnt carbon fibre dust very bad for you? like, once you inhale it, its staying there in your lungs?

whys that then bic,other than the obvious cosmetics i thought they where identical as a 200 diffuser fits a 197,whats the price on yr 197 version mate,was hoping it may have come down a tad what with 2 other members now starting to produce them:tongue_smilie::tongue_smilie:

There probably still rip off money.

Carbon dust isn't that good for you but you won't get it from a product that you purchase. Dust is created when trimming carbon panels and thats why PPE is essential.

To answer peoples question about cost and why some carbon parts cost more than others, its all about the method of manufacture and the particular layup required which depends upon the products intended use etc

To give you a rough idea, the carbon used in wet layup roughly costs around £20 per SqM, then you need to add resin. Pre-pregs can cost upto and above £80 per SqM and then you have the added cost of supplemental materials like breathers and vacuum bagging.

Some of you may have seen dirt cheap carbon on ebay from china but you really do get what you pay for and when its really really cheap you have to ask yourself is it really carbon our just another material like Dyed black Diolen.

Having recently experimented with a carbon diffuser I can tell you they are not the easiest of shapes to work with and get it looking bang tidy. There is a lot of man hours that goes into making, trimming and finishing one hence the cost, l would love to be able to produce a diffuser that is considered cheap but it just can't be done without sacrificing quality, which no laminator would want to do.

Last edited:
Well put Fernandez.

Let alone the cost/investment incurred of owning an autoclave and its running costs.

And all of our pre preg parts are all then prepared for lacquer, lacquered and then polished to ensure UV stability of the part and durability within various environments.

Please also consider ALL of our prices include VAT (20%), a whopping £150.00 of the retail price of the RS 200 diffuser we produce and sell.

We are not 'ripping' people off!

Henderson - We purchased the 197 diffuser secondhand at the time, as they weren't particularly readily available at the time. We were unaware that the diffuser was meant to have clips as for some obscure reason, the one we purchased did not have any (removed by someone for some reason) and this was then not obvious until it came to fit the first one to a car (the first time we had at that time seen a diffuser on the car and been able to remove it), hence we then came up with the fitting kit we now use. We can add to the tool and offer clips if need be, this would add to the cost, hence 1 of the reasons why it is less than the 200 diffuser.

Last edited:
From memory...

Four screws underneath, HEX heads.

Four screws underneath, Phillips heads.

And then they just click into the bumper like how a wing-mirror back clicks on.

I may not be 100% right on the number of screws, it's a while since I last took mine off...

both 197/200 fit the same i should know got both :thumbsup:

as for the price of the carbon diffuser.....if its too much you dont have to buy it!

Well put Fernandez.

Let alone the cost/investment incurred of owning an autoclave and its running costs.

And all of our pre preg parts are all then prepared for lacquer, lacquered and then polished to ensure UV stability of the part and durability within various environments.

Please also consider ALL of our prices include VAT (20%), a whopping £150.00 of the retail price of the RS 200 diffuser we produce and sell.

We are not 'ripping' people off!

Henderson - We purchased the 197 diffuser secondhand at the time, as they weren't particularly readily available at the time. We were unaware that the diffuser was meant to have clips as for some obscure reason, the one we purchased did not have any (removed by someone for some reason) and this was then not obvious until it came to fit the first one to a car (the first time we had at that time seen a diffuser on the car and been able to remove it), hence we then came up with the fitting kit we now use. We can add to the tool and offer clips if need be, this would add to the cost, hence 1 of the reasons why it is less than the 200 diffuser.

ah ok,thanks for your reply bud

Bic: you had my diffuser off my 197. I wasn't aware it didn't have clips but the only reason it was sold was the accident damaged. I thought it was cracked?

Similar Thread Suggestions