Diablo 3

Has anyone played this on PS3? I am looking for a role playing dice throw type adventure game to get into, and this appears to fit the bill......any good online?

Dice throw, what does that mean??
It's an Isometric RPG, I've got it for PC. 1-50 takes about 3 days of casual playing and then it's just a constant grind of 1 area for new gear. Really, REALLY not worth buying IMHO.
Played for 30 hours and have basically maxed gear on PC, and that doesn't account that PS3 is 10x easier to aquire the gear I have.

What games have you played in the past?

depends, if you are desperate, go play diablo 2 with the LOD expac, well thats my recommendation anyway, graphically not anywhere near granted, even with the HD patch, but a better story a million times over and it actually has random maps, something sorely lacking from d3, if you can wait a long time (or soon (tm)) the expac for D3 could offer some hope

by dice roling i presume you mean D&D stylee, specifically of that genre i would say if you havent tried yet, baldurs gate, or the neverwinter mmo, which i enjoyed beta testing, though truth be told it really is pay to win if you want the absolutely best gear, on the same note i would say take a crack at pretty much anything elder scrolls and fallout 3 / NV could be worth a swing for you