deleting of posts

why are the slightest of controversial posts deleted by admin?
a good argument is healthy every now and again, we all have different opinions.
why is censorship required??

thanks, stu.

A couple of good paragraphs -

Censorship has a daily negative impact on our present day society, as news articles, television shows, radio broadcasts, music, and other content for public viewing are affected. Altering such products unjustifiably changes the meaning that the creators of those products originally intended, thus limiting their freedom of expression.

Throughout history censorship has always had a drastic affect on society. It has provoked, what seems like, a never ending battle between whether or not certain material is right or wrong. For decade's schools, churches, the media, parents, and the music industry have struggled to decide what is appropriate and inappropriate for adults to be exposed to.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Censorship

If you feel very strongly about the moderation rules I would suggest you contact Mike or Jase to discuss further as we are just trying to do our jobs based on the forum rules :smile:

I think, without aiming this at anyone in particular, that people take forums far to seriously sometimes.

I'm a moderator over on CS.net and I've had personal threats made against me because of deleting this, moving that, or what ever it happens to be...!

At the end of the day, we as members contrinute to the site financially, but we don't 'own' it as such, the people that 'own' the site make the rules and we agree to them when we become a member and commence posting.

Referencing the censorship issue, freedom of speech nolonger exists in reality, apart from between friends/family at home. :worried:
A forum that doesn't censor, or moderate, is a forum that will ulitmately fail.

A forum that doesn't censor, or moderate, is a forum that will ulitmately fail.

within reason mate. for christ sake we don't have to delete EVERY SINGLE THING that isn't perfectly down the line.

and freedom of speech does exist! people are just afraid of it that's all.

Freedom of speech doesn't exist online, predominantly for Legal reasons. A forum needs rules, and moderators, to help stay within the Law.

Rules are obviously down to the discretion of moderators, who are human beings, just like you and me. I'm not saying moderation is right, wrong, over the top, or whatever, but it's neccessary for the site to function effectively.

I have no idea what has/hasn't been deleted as I'm not a mod, so can't comment on a particular issue mate.

mate are you having a laugh - i hope you aren't trying to insinuate i was starting something on that post, as it certainly wasn't me. the post that i had deleted was asking what someone meant by their post, once they had already posted something, as adrian had said, personal.
it sounds very much like you are attempting to point the finger at me for trying to start an argument.

mate are you having a laugh - i hope you aren't trying to insinuate i was starting something on that post, as it certainly wasn't me. the post that i had deleted was asking what someone meant by their post, once they had already posted something, as adrian had said, personal.
it sounds very much like you are attempting to point the finger at me for trying to start an argument.

no "finger pointing" at all

was just seeing what you thought of it getting personnal - whether you agreed or not aabout it getting personnal !

and for clarification i havent read all the posts on there either

oh ok.

well yeah i would kind of say it was, but it certainly wasn't bothering me, i was just looking for a bit of an explanation from someones initial reply.

I had a post deleted and didn't agree with the reason given why it was deleted. But it's not my site and I just took it as it was and deleted all my posts in that thread. If someone doesn't want my input then fair enough, I won't give ANY! Lol!

Before this thread needs moderating can I suggest if anyone has any issues with moderation that they please take it up with a mod online at the time and if this doesn't resolve please contact Mike or Jase :smile:

i don't understand what's been said on this thread for someone to think it may need 'moderated' sometime soon??

in all honesty, i think by placing it in the suggestions and comments sub-forum, i am bringing it up with mike or jase.
but there's no point, as nothing will change. this is a heavily moderated forum and that's just the way it is.

I don't have issues Maz! I'm cool with everything! Keep up the good work, it can't be easy! I've never done it myself and I'm not sure I would like to make the decisions! Lol!

I've read this from the start and don't understand what's gone on but surely this can be delt with via pm to a mod?