Decat Manifold and Decat Pipe

Just wondering, has anyone on here had the decat manifold with the decat pipe and crackle map ? I've seen people with crackles but only seen them with main cat gone.... would love to hear what it sounds like... or would I be the first to have full decat and crackle? I cant imagine that I would be ?

I've got the Oreca system with the first ever crackle map, ktec's decat, and about an hr ago I dropped the car off to have the Pre cat Decat which is welded onto a manifold fitted so a vid should be with everyone in a few dayysss :smile:

I was going to get Paul at RS Tuning to do his own version on my car last week but he said he won't do it without having the pre cat removed too so I couldn't get it done. TBH though I don't need it done now as since the new map the car pops every time I change gear ect now.

That's something I've added to the 'to-do' list though :smiley:

Last edited:
Definitely can't wait to hear it with the precat removed!! I know it will be different on the oreca but ill get some idea then :smiley: and Paul said he's going to do mine for me as my new manifold arrived today so I'll have a full decat :smiley:

I have the Akrapovic Evo system and Toyosports manifold, no cat or precat.
Car pops and bangs regularly on upshifts and on trailing throttle. Makes a great sound too.

Was the manifold worth it? For the extra noise and pops and bangs?

The Toyosports manifold has much larger ports than the oem manifold, thus flows a little better.
I noticed an increase in top end power & increased mid range torque too.
The quality is also better than the oem manifold imo.

Ahh good to hear!! The one that I've got looks to be built pretty solidly and can't wait to get it on! Mines not from toyosports... but it's exactly the same one! dying to hear the sound of it!

Right then... the manifold is on!!!! and wow!!!! Its sounds amazing! Not a massive difference at low revs.. but once it gets to about 3000.. it completely changes! A lot more raspy, louder, and lots of pops and bangs! They notched the subframe for me and it doesn't touch unless I'm at very low revs city driving changes gears lots. All in all... it's awesome! Will be going up to rs to have it crackle mapped soon so will get some videos and stuff up for everyone to hear!

2 things I've noticed after having the manifold put on... the flat is no where near as bad as what it was with the standard manifold on! which I was very surprised at! And the second thing, the car is using so much more fuel now, I think it's because having the precat removed has knocked the fuelling out, but it's using so much more than it was!

No "check engine" light whatsoever ?

Another thing: I can't seem to find the manifold on the toyosports website, should I mail them? And how much did it cost? Because I'm still confused between welding a pre cat delete pipe from ktec and buying the toyosports manifold.

Thanks

Don't the Cup Racers gut the pre-cat? Gotta be the easiest thing to approximate how the car will run on either a pre-cat delete or Toyosports manifold?

No mate no lights at all and seems to have improved the flat spot aswel which I thought was odd! the manifold I have isn't from toyosports, but it's exactly the same thing, same part from the supplier and sold by a couple different people, I got mine off ebay for £200 and so far it's been fantastic! The main thing with cutting the original manifold for the delete pipe is if you want the cat back in when you sell the car it's a lot more work than just swapping the manifold back

Mines been done and sounds great! no problems, needs a map badly though, but the gearbox went as I was doing the video and also the gopro didn't record either! haha

2 things I've noticed after having the manifold put on... the flat is no where near as bad as what it was with the standard manifold on! which I was very surprised at! And the second thing, the car is using so much more fuel now, I think it's because having the precat removed has knocked the fuelling out, but it's using so much more than it was!

Do you reckon when it's mapped the fuel usage will return to normal-ish levels? Seriously considering a Toyo manifold as mine's just started to blow... But I can't really afford to put MORE fuel in :tongueout:

Mine sounds awesome aswel colt! So much better! Yes once it's mapped it should be back to normal or even better! Since its been on I think the ecu is learning it or something like that because I haven't changed out I've been driving but it's getting better! Crackle map is booked at k tec on the 22nd! Can't wait to get there!!