Debadge Method?

Hi guys whats the best way the Debadge the Clio on the back?
Got a heat gun but dont wanna damage the paint!

Thanks

When Tom did mine he used my wife’s hair dryer and and some dental floss gently heat the letters till they start to move then just run the floss down the back and they come off quite easily.

Then used Tar remover with a bit of polish after job done happy days :wink:

When Tom did mine he used my wife’s hair dryer and and some dental floss gently heat the letters till they start to move then just run the floss down the back and they come off quite easily.

Then used Tar remover with a bit of polish after job done happy days :wink:

Exactly what at I did.

As above but just be mindful that if your car is a few years old the paint may have faded a touch, my mate removed his MEGANE badge and you could see it spelt out in the paint and ended up having the boot re painted.

Hi mate,

i would not heat it up can cause the sealant to melt to that paint. Just dental floss backwards and forwards then peel what's left off as much as you can. Then boil some water get a clothe and rub it a few times should peel off completely.

Dental floss breaks to easily.

Bit of fishing line if you have any laying about and I used a hairdryer to warm it up. Didn't do any damage to mine.

Did mine in the summer. Just used dental floss and the badges came off easy.

was a little of the foam of the rear of the badge still stuck to the car which you can then just pick off with your hands.

I then went over it all with a clay bar to get rid of the last bits or poop

As above but just be mindful that if your car is a few years old the paint may have faded a touch, my mate removed his MEGANE badge and you could see it spelt out in the paint and ended up having the boot re painted.

Yeah I've been looking to do this for a while but as mine is an 06 and Ultra Red I though that it may show up a bit too much. Is there not a way to buff the letters out?

I just used an old credit card. Then tar remover for the left over glue. Mines is an ultra red aswell and has left a slight mark with the faded paint. Not too noticeable so I'm happy with it.

Yeah I've been looking to do this for a while but as mine is an 06 and Ultra Red I though that it may show up a bit too much. Is there not a way to buff the letters out?

No he tried everything re spray was the only option

Mines a liquid yellow R27. With it now being 6 years old, would the paint underneath be a different shade? Not sure whether to de-badge the CLIO or not because of this.

Thanks in advance.

Chances are it might be a different shade due to not being exposed to the elements and sunlight.

Only way to find out is to take the plunge.

Chances are it might be a different shade due to not being exposed to the elements and sunlight.

Only way to find out is to take the plunge.

As Jack said, youll only be able to answer your question by actually going ahead with it