Dashboard Vent Removal

Big Ben

Loves to rag the VAG!
Paid Member
Help/advice needed boys and girls.

My dash vent has imploded after using a mobile phone holder:worried:

Is it a case of prising off the vent surround and getting access that way or is it a whole load more aggro than that?

Anyone had this before?
Anyone got a spare vent knocking around?

TIA

IMG_1140.JPG

Get on eBay to get yourself a set of plastic trim removing tools to prise them out with - without marking your dash etc

Oh...and phone holder is how one of mine 'exploded' too :smile:

Reactions: Big Ben
Get on eBay to get yourself a set of plastic trim removing tools to prise them out with - without marking your dash etc

Oh...and phone holder is how one of mine 'exploded' too :smile:
Bagged myself a set a while back. Get to use them now in anger!

Did you repair your vent Shuv or replace or leave!!

All sorted. Prised it out then separated vent from front trim. All the parts were still tucked in behind just needed re-clipping back in place:grinning:

Bit fiddly but saved me a few quid. Happy days

IMG_1142.JPG

Reactions: Mark_L
All sorted. Prised it out then separated vent from front trim. All the parts were still tucked in behind just needed re-clipping back in place:grinning:

Bit fiddly but saved me a few quid. Happy days

View attachment 41162

Did exactly the same to my vent with the phone holder @sevenfourate recommended! Mine is still very much broken, so feel free to bring the prising tool to the next meet!

Syer you need a disclaimer on your recommendation to say you take no responsibility in destroying air vents with the product haha!

It's all Shuv's fault:tearsofjoy:

Yep no problem borrowing my "tool" Ross:wink:

If you need it sooner just PM me your address and I'll post it over bud

It's all Shuv's fault:tearsofjoy:

Yep no problem borrowing my "tool" Ross:wink:

If you need it sooner just PM me your address and I'll post it over bud

I'll see if I can get my hands on one, looks a fiddly as f*** kind of job though!

Girly hands will be a bonus for this one!

I'll see if I can get my hands on one, looks a fiddly as f*** kind of job though!

Girly hands will be a bonus for this one!
Girly hands a massive plus.

I reckon A thin screwdriver and a bit of care would be good enough to remove vent

Last edited:
Reactions: sevenfourate
Girly hands a massive plus.

I reckon A thin screwdriver and a bit of care would be good enough to remove vent

I've always found a household butter knife a good alternative, press the vent downwards and start gently prising on the opposite side with the knife, once it's started to pop out job done.