Dash Cam

Installed the Dash Cam app on my iPhone at the weekend. Tried it today on the commute to work this morning. Worked really well, mounted horizontal on the windscreen. Set it to low resolution as I don't have much space on the phone.

Highly recommended, will be using it from now on. A few drawbacks on this version, to be addressed I believe. Can't use the phone for Sat Nav at the same time, not a problem for me as I have it on RLink. Yet to test, but I don't think it will play music over Bluetooth at the same time. Not sure about calls either, but I avoid that anyway.

Cheaper than buying a dedicated cam[emoji106]

Simon.

Been using a Blackvue dashcam for a few years after someone drove into my Megane on a roundabout (thankfully they accepted the fault).

It's quite nice to have one wired in since you just get in the car and the camera will come on along with the ignition. It's removable too so you can hide it if you park someone where you're not keen leaving it on show.

I'd definitely go for a dedicated unit rather than mess about attaching my phone every time I got in the car, it's a bit of a faff and you know the one time you give it a miss is when some blind tosser drives into you and denies everything. I've got a Transcend DrivePro 200 in my Smart car and will get another cam for the Clio. Check this guy out for loads of reviews of different cameras.

I also got the transcend in both my cars. Did the app on the phone for a while but it got so hot because the screen was always on. Friend of mine got 1 that records the front and rear at the same time.

Yes dedicated would be better, but at no cost I'm finding the app works really well. Just canes the battery[emoji30]