Darryl's Red Bull Racing edition Clio from Australia

My names Darryl and I live in Sydney, Australia.

Purchased a new Red Bull Racing Edition Clio last year, and am currently looking to do some club level motorsport in it.

Appears the local forum isn't too awash with motorsport focussed late model Clio owners and am finding that I'm gaining lots from this forum, so big thanks for that!

Currently the car is unmodified, to get things started I'm looking for suspension, brake pad, wheel and tyre upgrades. Currently going though the "do I springs or coil overs" scenario.

Heres a couple of photos.

View attachment 9554

157042_10151409353918821_939355080_n.jpg

Last edited:
Hi & welcome from a fellow Australian RS Clio III owner/competitor.

I am currently away at day 4 of this years Targa Tasmania (there are 2 x RS265 Meganes doing quite well).

I personally compete regularly in hillclimbs/sprints/autotests & along with club championships have been fortunate enough to have won the NSW hill climb championship (road rego class) for the last couple of years in my RS200.
Along with organising club events I am a NSWHC official & CAMS affiliate, also currently involved with the NSWhillclimb facebook page if your looking for contacts/links or details of upcoming events.

So yes i can assure you there are quite a few serious RS competitors in OZ that use the car in the way it was intended but dont expect to find them on a social chat forum such as OZRS or at the WSID drags/skids.
Look instead for the relevant disciplines web pages or on CAMS' site, whether it be tarmac rallying, hill climb, motorkhana or circuit racing your interested in, the RS Clio is certainly very capable & there are plenty of events open to you if you are serious about competing in motorsport.

Last edited:
Hi & welcome from a fellow Australian RS Clio III owner/competitor.

I am currently away at day 4 of this years Targa Tasmania (there are 2 x RS265 Meganes doing quite well).

I personally compete regularly in hillclimbs/sprints/autotests & along with club championships have been fortunate enough to have won the NSW hill climb championship (road rego class) for the last couple of years in my RS200.
Along with organising club events I am a NSWHC official & CAMS affiliate, also currently involved with the NSWhillclimb facebook page if your looking for contacts/links or details of upcoming events.

So yes i can assure you there are quite a few serious RS competitors in OZ that use the car in the way it was intended but dont expect to find them on a social chat forum such as OZRS or at the WSID drags/skids.
Look instead for the relevant disciplines web pages or on CAMS' site, whether it be tarmac rallying, hill climb, motorkhana or circuit racing your interested in, the RS Clio is certainly very capable & there are plenty of events open to you if you are serious about competing in motorsport.

Thanks Steve,

I've also been involved in a reasonable amount of Motorsport previously in a 4age powered PRB Clubman (A local Lotus 7 knock off) and then a S2 NA Lotus Exige. Mostly the local CAMS and CSCA supersprint series. Never tackled the hill climb events. I also run the Ozclubbies site for local Lotus 7 enthusiasts.

Have been off doing other things for a while and I'm looking to get back into the track day and sprint events and the Clio seems to be a good base for an all round competitive vehicle.

I've gone through your build on the local site and it appears to be working quite well for you. Anything you'd do differently if you were to build another?

cheers,

Darryl

Hey Darryl, I'd buy an ex Clio Cup car or ex R3 rally car as a base & import it into OZ rather than the expense of starting with a street car.

Just had a look and you'd get something landed for $20-30AU, so if your after a race car it would be a good thing as you'd be getting the Sandev etc...

I'm more after a drive to the track and drive home (hopefully) affair this time. So similar to what you'd done to yours.

Just bought a set of used 8j Clio Cup rims for my track wheels. Looking forward for them to arrive.