DAB Vs FM-

Im about to buy an Alpine Unit so i can have the steering controls and the top display still working.

my only question is what is the way forwards DAB or FM?

Any Info/ feedback welcome

thank you

Reactions: Dystant
DAB radio is far superior in terms of audio quality.

Depends whether you use radio enough to warrant the price gap, I myself just stick my phone in and stream everything so for me it would be irrelevant.

Reactions: nutnutwelshman
I did some half-arsed research into this a while back and you need to make sure the antenna for the DAB is well earthed (or whatever the term is) to the shell to get the best signal. Seemed a bit pricey and fiddly to do it in the end, but found I never used the radio anyway, and especially not with the Scorpion fitted :grin:

so this is the conflicting information i get- people say if you have good FM signal then its far better that DAB due to the frequency used and the amount of DAB channels available in a small frequency range and DAB is transmitted in low quality.

I don't think it would be disappointing really if you had a decent audio setup, you just need to make sure you can actually get good coverage on the routes you use.
For me, I'd make a choice based on price versus the outcome. If it was looking at costing too much for what my ears can distinguish, I'd probably run a good set of speakers and buy a head unit that can run off the phone for things like Spotify and radio apps.

agreed- im happy with FM- just CBA to set it all up only for FM to then be phased out in the next few years.

Similar Thread Suggestions